Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

fuck it. get him in today. set the team out for sturday.

given him a few players in january.

get shot in the summer if we stay up.

just all getting a bit too ridiculous.

ashley fucked us by not investing over the summer.

9 minutes ago, Gordyola said:

City fan here
The days of the Mansour take over were far from dysfunctional, you may be thinking of the loud mouth front man who was very soon dispatched. Mansour published a letter to fans out lining his vision for the club The t/o completed on transfer deadline day and to make a statement we signed Robinho. At the time the squad was in reasonably good shape with Hughes in place which was maintained for a good while. The management of the business was in very good hands with a structure put in place by Taskin Shinawatra, Garry Cooke was the CEO with Brain Marwood as Dof. Cooke had been slowly organizing the club and it was in every department on a sound footing. Mansour appointed "his friend" Khaldoon Al Murbarak as chairman and he is still in place KAM is an international business man, highly experienced in running multi national companies, and it is clear that he had a vision of where he wanted the club to go. In time he brought in ex Barca CEO Ferran Soriano who had a vision for what has become the City Football Group The whole organization is a million miles from when they took over, akin to a corner shop becoming Tesco
IMHO I would say that your new owners have a much more difficult job, due to the years of neglect of the previous owner, they need to build a sound base of experienced people, an CEO who has run a football business with the right contacts in football I know you wont agree but they should have backed Bruce asked for some patience from the fans and get a DoF who could then find a new manager 
I wish the club well and look forward to competing on every front and, hopefully soon lets put the red-shirts firmly in their place 

Apart from the Bruce stuff stop talking so much sense in here, the knee-jerks are amusing to read

I wanted Howe as manager when Bruce/Ashley were here as I believed with our squad of players his style could keep us up. 

I should still really have the same perspective but going from “Emery will take training on Thursday” to maybe Eddie Howe seems like a kick in the balls. 

Just now, Sima said:

Awful management of the situation.

If they were going to go for Howe they could have had him in for Spurs (H).

We've got to "trust the process".

As you say, to spend over 3 weeks doing due diligence only to land on Howe isn't overly inspiring.

That said, if it's him then we need to back him.

I did think the position we are in on and off the park suggested that a short term appointment was likely rather than one of the big names. We need to start work on the training ground and infrastructure ASAP.

At least if it is Howe he's an experienced PL boss. Also if the worst was to happen he'd also be experienced at Championship level.

The worry for me is who we are able to bring in, in January. Sparkling names don't seem likely.

46 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'd be happy with Howe. A step down from Emery, but a solid appointment.

He's very marmite amongst English fans mind.

Like most English managers..if Potter goes on a losing streak he'll suddenly not be good enough.

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I wanted Howe as manager when Bruce/Ashley were here as I believed with our squad of players his style could keep us up. 

I should still really have the same perspective but going from “Emery will take training on Thursday” to maybe Eddie Howe seems like a kick in the balls. 

Totally agree - I said something similar a few pages back. We could have got Howe under Ashley and maybe would have if Bruce kept being shit later in this season and the sale never happened, so it feels weird that's the best we can do post-Ashley with these new owners is Howe.

It's definitely frustrating and a bit worrying. There's a symptom of the Ashley era here, in that the place is a shit-tip and we're asking the rodents to redecorate, but howay. There's clearly someone involved in the decision-making process who needs pinning to the floor because this business with the leak has scuppered a potentially great thing. 

Bit of an embarrassing day and you worry what authority the new manager is actually going to have, when it was as clear as day that he wasn't first choice.