Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Can anyone actually say with any conviction that Fonseca would be a good fit and why?

All the noise was coming from Fonseca's camp.  Portuguese at work tell me he's one to avoid.

1 minute ago, morpeth mag said:

If he comes I hope it is a deal to the end of the season then a review

Then we could have had someone in, maybe even him for the Tottenham game. I think he’s here for a good 3 years if he doesn’t relegate us this season. 

Just now, neesy111 said:

All the noise was coming from Fonseca's camp.  Portuguese at work tell me he's one to avoid.

It’s a bit sus that his agent basically puts his name about for every vacancy going.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Can anyone actually say with any conviction that Fonseca would be a good fit and why?

He's managed in various countries and won trophies. He's young and his highly regarded. It may not work out for sure here, but that's a risk with most appointments... but from what I read about Fonseca I felt like he could be one of the ones that could work out very well and we would regret missing out on. We always miss out on the up and coming ones. Tuchel for example, we could have got him years ago when he was doing well with smaller sides, and think he was linked once.

What's Howe won? it doesn't compare to Fonseca, but Howe is experienced of this league and shown promise, so it's possible he can turn things for good in short term, but doesn't really feel like he will be the 

Just now, ManDoon said:

I mean we got Rafa under Ashley, Vieira was interested, Arteta, and quite a few other decent managers. I think people overestimate how much managers care about that stuff. Enough money and a decent contract and they are not arsed. We are literally the richest club on the planet as we speak, who wouldn't want that? Managers very rarely lose out on future jobs by being bad at one job. See Bruce, Steve or any others 

Sure, if you want to manage in Dubai or China. Rafa came to us, which is why we love him so much. Bruce was our what, 11th pick? haha 

I'm with you though, I still think we could improve on Howe or Emery is trying to save face, get more assurance of the vision for the club. Conte knocked back Spurs 6 months ago, so convincing Emery to join taking a bit longer is fine. 

Just now, toon25 said:

What has been said to determine that it's defo likely to be Howe if it isn't Emery?

Reports came out yesterday that it was down to Emery and Howe so hopefully the journos are just clutching at straws here and switching over to Howe by default.

39 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Of course he's having some doubts. We haven't got a structure in place that is fit for purpose for a Premier League club.
I wouldn't expect a manager with the CV of Emery to sign a contract with NUFC without knowing exactly what the plans are.

He could sign a contract today thinking that he's got the final say on transfers for example and we then hire a DOF/SD in two weeks time who's the opposite of Emery.

We'll have a nice little KK/Wise/Jimenez situation on our hands again. Except that it would be played out in public, live on Twitter and streamed on Prime.

We NEED to get the structure in place or at least an idea of what it'll look like before any elite-ish manager will sign. It will only end in tears otherwise.

We haven't allowed cameras in behind the scenes yet have we??? Is that the source of the leak?

Just now, hakka said:

He's managed in various countries and won trophies. He's young and his highly regarded. It may not work out for sure here, but that's a risk with most appointments... but from what I read about Fonseca I felt like he could be one of the ones that could work out very well and we would regret missing out on. We always miss out on the up and coming ones. Tuchel for example, we could have got him years ago when he was doing well with smaller sides, and think he was linked once.

What's Howe won? it doesn't compare to Fonseca, but Howe is experienced of this league and shown promise, so it's possible he can turn things for good in short term, but doesn't really feel like he will be the 

Winning titles in Ukraine with Shakhtar isn't a massive achievement like

Chance that Howe actually gets more out of our squad immediately than an Emery type who is very system focused? We need a boost and points right now. Someone more familiar might be better.

Edited by ElDiablo

Just now, ElDiablo said:

Chance that Howe actually gets more out of our squad immediately than an Emery type who is very system focused? We need a boost and points right now. Someone more familiar might be better.

Be the opposite I think, Howe hasn’t got the stature of Emery.

Would I prefer a better manager potentially coming in, of course, but even with the potential money, I think attracting a top level manager, or even the next level may have been difficult given our current position. Could the consortium have done better? maybe, but even at almost a month on, they will still be learning and trying to put everything in place, so I'm still prepared to cut them some slack.

As for Eddie Howe, I think he probably fits the bill for the right kind of manager to come in at this stage for where we are, who will hopefully keep us up this season, and if kept on, steady things next year (i.e. not be in another relegation battle) and then step aside when we're in a better position to attract the manager to take us to the next level.

All that said, I agree with a comment a page or two back. We didn't worry about someone to steady things or with "relegation battle experience" when we appointed KK and Sir Bobby respectively.

I doubt it'll be Howe but if it is, its all the all the fault of the Cabbageheed for putting us in this any-port-in-a-storm situation.

We cannot allow Jones to remain in charge for any remotely winnable game because we have already pissed away lots of chances for points. We need to make changes pronto to ensure we stay in the league.

If they get any flak, the new owners just have to blame Bruce for being 19th after spending 100M plus.

10 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I'm trying to console myself with looking at how things work in Germany - they're always looking downwards, unafraid to hire a 'lower' coach or give senior power to someone else's youth coach.

To be fair, when Leicester appointed Brendan Rodgers I wouldn't have really wanted him at the time - would be meh like Howe now. Didn't rate him too much, but fuck, he's proven he's definitely got it and I was wrong. Maybe Howe can do the same on the right stage.

It's going to be proper annoying if we lose Emery to Howe, all because we leaked Howe was the other candidate like [emoji38]

I think of they announced Howe a few weeks ago alot more people would have been on board with it.