Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 hours ago, STM said:

I've seen enough. There's no rough patch that's going to make me think that this guy isn't the real deal.

He's class, he's ours and he's here as long as he wants the job.

It's a funny thing with Newcastle fans, they can decide in a week whether you are the right person for the job. If you aren't good enough, it's just a matter of time before it gets toxic and you get kicked into touch but my god if you get the love of the fans like Keegan, Robson, Rafa or Howe, they will back you for eternity.

Said this a few times. It’s a bit of an unquantifiable thing but always thought Howe would be a better fit than Emery at our club. That’s no slight at Emery who I like also. I’ll try though with one thing. I can honestly say after a year of games his post match comments reflect the game I’ve watched. The balance in his comments towards us and the opposition and the key moments and swings in the game along with what he’s seen as the good as well as not so good parts of our performance. Even in the tough moments at the start of his reign or the gut punch which was the Liverpool game this season. Ultimately his ability to communicate to and connect everyone including the fans which is were I think Emery would’ve struggled. He could’ve possibly won us over with results but there’s something bigger being built here aside from results which those who experienced KK first time around will see signs of again.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

there’s something bigger being built here aside from results

This is my absolute favorite part of supporting the club at the moment. It all just feels so good. The results are the by product.

Edited by cubaricho

I also just want to say that he has built such a great spirit here that when we inevitably lose a match at some point, I think that it will only spur us on. I’m not in fear of a bad run at all. If we lose at some point it’s fucking over for the rest of the league. We’ll come back swinging. 

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I also just want to say that he has built such a great spirit here that when we inevitably lose a match at some point, I think that it will only spur us on. I’m not in fear of a bad run at all. If we lose at some point it’s fucking over for the rest of the league. We’ll come back swinging. 

Going off the podcast listen, a loss could be taken as a positive the way the team are thinking.

Edited by RodneyCisse

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Aye, as I was listening to the podcast today I just felt happy with everything. We've got a manager who fits us like a glove, a squad who is united, owners that care. We're on an upward trajectory. We're fucking THIRD in the league, man. THIRD! This is Keegan and Robson all over again.

Difference is this time, we won't run out of money!

Listened to almost the entire podcast and wow, Howe comes across as an insanely driven, hyper-professional, super-detailed leader. You can begin to understand why he's had the effect he has on our club when you listen to him. He focuses on the positive aspects of players, gets to know them personally, gets them to invest in each other and truly care, and is a wonderful technical coach on top of that.

He could stand to work a little less, I'm sure, for his family life but he doesn't seem to mind a skewed work/home balance. 

It was a tremendous listen. We could not ask for a better person to be our manager. 

Listening to the bit about his interview for the job, and him saying how he would develop players and improve them. 

The owners must be buzzing with their choice after seeing how he has developed Joelinton, Almiron, Krafth etc 

33 minutes ago, huss9 said:

alex and steve bruce listening to this and wondering what the fuck he's on about.

laughing at him then drying their eyes with £50 notes, then switching over to the cricket world cup.

While also declining calls directed to "SB, slumlord"

Only 15 minutes in - he speaks so well and the level of introspection is so impressive, I'm really really pleased he's our manager. Someone to be proud of.

Annoyingly, the whole time there's a nagging voice in the back of my head reminding me that on the flip side cunts like Bruce phone it in for 2 decades and make a king's ransom in payoffs for actively choosing not to put any semblance of effort in. Dickhead

Let it go brother, in my lifetime supporting the club we’ve had two great managers before Howe and now we’ve got another one. In my thirty years supporting the club we’ve had far more awful managers in post than good ones. The same will be true of so many clubs, let’s just enjoy the fact we’ve got the perfect manager for our club right now and hopefully for the next decade 

5 hours ago, STM said:

I've seen enough. There's no rough patch that's going to make me think that this guy isn't the real deal.

He's class, he's ours and he's here as long as he wants the job.

It's a funny thing with Newcastle fans, they can decide in a week whether you are the right person for the job. If you aren't good enough, it's just a matter of time before it gets toxic and you get kicked into touch but my god if you get the love of the fans like Keegan, Robson, Rafa or Howe, they will back you for eternity.

Some fuckwits turned on Robson but in the main you’re right 👍🏼

54 minutes ago, Cattletrucked said:

Some fuckwits turned on Robson but in the main you’re right 👍🏼

I wanted Robson to bow out gracefully and I wanted Shepherd to ask Robson to choose his successor. The way it ended was ridiculous.

Souness for fucks sake.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

I wanted Robson to bow out gracefully and I wanted Shepherd to ask Robson to choose his successor. The way it ended was ridiculous.

Souness for fucks sake.

I agree with the graceful bit but i do think Robson would have picked someone like Bruce or some other PFM type.