Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m genuinely puzzled why Charnley still has a job. It’s mind blowing 

Charnley's head is in a spin. He is trying to explain to the new owners that we need to do 2 years worth of monitoring before anything else, he isn't used to moving like this.

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, James said:

@TheGuvsaid it wasn’t the consortium, it can’t be Villarreal/Emery/Spain as the wouldn’t know about Howe.

Who is left? Those dealing with the work permit

They are never going to admit to it, despite what theguv knows.

Absolutely laughable you can't criticize the consortium on here with some members.  They've been handing stuff to certain members of the press since the takeover saga started, clear as day.

Edited by neesy111

Yikes. Don’t know the ins-and-outs of this but it’s not a good look for us, I must say.

Hopefully, it gets resolved but I doubt it; a top class manager, who is happy where he is, won’t want to risk a good thing to get into bed with a bunch of knuckleheads (if they did indeed leak this prematurely).

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

😂 so he had a source in both the old and new set up, very impressive from a dentist in Dubai 

He needs his jaw wired that weirdo!

25 minutes ago, cookidge said:

It's amazing how many shit takes there are in this thread. Yeah it's not a fantastic process at the moment, but the sale going through when it did came as a shock to all. There isn't a structure in place like there is or would be at other clubs yet. 

"Been an absolute shit show since Amanda walked thru the door." - grow up for fuck sake, try a bit of critical thinking for once.

While I agree with the part in bold, I also think the part underlined is a very weak argument to excuse the new owners.

1. They came to a club with a structure in place to take care of all day to day stuff with the club.

2. The purchase have been in the works for years, so it's extremely incompetent by the owners if there isn't already a clear vision and strategy established which can be presented to potential managers

3. The only thing they needed to focus on when they got control was to sack Bruce and get a new manager in. 

Based that, I can sort of understand why people are getting a bit agitated, but to quite a few the irritation is clearly OTT. This season isn't salvaged this half. The owners need to ensure the new manager has time to assess the squad and identify players needed in January to save our spot in the PL during second half of the season. 

My fear is that the same people that are OTT with the manager situation now, are the same loud people that will panic and maybe even want the new manager out again before he is even able to get new players in.

If that's true about Emery not liking Howe also being considered (essentially) - isn't that very insecure on his part? :lol:

Ties to what I read on here I think that he asked the owners "why do you want me?"

Seems like he really wants them to roll out the red carpet, suck his cock and tell him "you're the only man for me baby".  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

No manager will want to take the job after the way our disgusting support destroyed one of the most important managers in the last 100 years.  Just waiting for that one to pop up on Sky sports or something.

19 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

How does Unai Emery have such an in depth knowledge of what Eddie's Howe's philosophy is or what it would be for NUFC as it stands today ?

I don't recall ever hearing a manager complain about another candidate before, especially when seemingly being the number one choice.
Seems very odd to me.

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Whilst it is a good question about them not being the same, at the same time, why does it affect his decision?  Does our plan b have to be the same as our plan a? 

It shouldn't matter to Emery, but it does to us as fans. We're being asked to trust the process but two polar opposite favourites (if that is the case) makes the process appear flawed and scattergun.

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

I’m not buying this “different philosophies” bullshit. It’s answered simply with “we’re open to all ideas for building our club”. 

Sounds like just an extension of 'why do you want me if you also want someone who's very different'. It's not an unreasonable question, but should be quite easily answered. 

The more I read of Emery, the less I want him. The guy seems to be made of glass.

As for the owners, this doesn't bode well for how they will handle bringing in players in January. There is an almighty learning curve going on at the moment and it looks like time will go against us in the fight to avoid relegation.

12 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Let's all just make up reasons for the leak.

I am going to go with Jamie Reuben leaked it. Trouble in paradise at the top. He is in a massive huff as he wants his best mate Frank Lampard in charge, but the rest of the consortium think he is being a daft cunt, so he is stropping around, not turning up for the last match and leaking all sorts of shite so he can get Frank in............

Burnsie or Edwards can have that one if they want.

That gave me a :lol: moment 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sounds like just an extension of 'why do you want me if you also want someone who's very different'. It's not an unreasonable question, but should be quite easily answered. 

:thup:

I’ve read that his “Why do you want me?” has long been part of his interview technique, and it’s another reasonable question that, again, should be easily answered.