Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest neesy111
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah we haven’t got the structure or people in place to do the deal that quickly yet 

They were in talks with him for weeks.  It wasn't done within 24 hours.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: Put something else on, man. And not the Three Amigos. 

5Live reporting it’s off… who else do you suggest? 😂

My thoughts are quite simply someone has jumped the gun. If it’s from our side to apply pressure on UE I’d be disappointed and would explain his reaction. There’s no real secrets in football these days due to social media etc but until the club says anything or there’s a sighting it’s always safest to take with a large dose of scepticism.

As much as he annoys people just like the takeover Luke Edwards approach has proven correct again. That’s why it concerns me the others reporting it as getting done today were briefed from the club as if you end up with Howe you’ll end up with a lot of disappointment and what ifs and also some embarrassment as it’s with cap in hand.

Big 24hrs for the club but seems a lot of work to be done to get UE in before Brighton. Not ruling out the international break but slightly more worryingly I’m not ruling out EH either.

What is very clear is the timing of the takeover has been a bit of a nightmare  for the short term. Wouldn’t surprise me if the EPL had played their part in the fixtures either 🙂

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Should be all sorted today now really. The original report was that things were to be finalized today with Emery coming in for Thursday.

Think Emery was just taken aback because that information had not been relayed to him or Villareal first. Should be able to smooth that all over during communications today now.

So, as much as I hate to agree with any of the completely OTT "this is a complete 3-ring shitshow circus" criticisms .... if it transpires that they were set to say yes to all his demands and get him in and somehow he was the last person to be informed of that, that is a bad look. Putting the media cart before the manager horse. Er. Yeah. We'll go with that. Need to not count their chickens before they're hatched.

Still probably not the apocalypse being reported but I guess we'll see.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Is he though, I’m in no doubt they’ve manipulated/used their ties with the likes of him and other media in the past for whatever reason, but I doubt he’s their main man or anyone is really, they have kept a pretty close counsel since the takeover, I honestly think the majority of a journo’s sources are indirect and not direct, agents, players, teletext, and the likes of Steve fucking Wraith and that Kieth knacker no doubt. 

Yeah I honestly do think he is

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

You make a good point, and I tend to agree. I believe in the last week they've realised this, but who they want isn't available, and our position isn't helping. It will only get better I imagine.

A lot of learning for them and it's chicken and egg situation with manager, Dof and SD hiring, but right now we need a manager, then rest can come later. A decent Dof could work with a manager not quite synced for a couple of seasons and then look for someone more suitable if they can't sync up in that time. Time is the one thing they cannot buy and why for me it's the most important aspect right now even above quality (as long as it's not too poor of course)

They'll get better I'm sure of it. Don't think Charnley being involved helps whatsoever. Maybe they make him rake the fall today and see him sacked. That would be worth all this drama. 

16 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Telling that Ornstein broke it instead of Caulkin at the Athletic.

He is the one that jumped the gun, as he hadn't had the official briefing to sit on it a little longer

The NE press pack had to go with it after that as the cat was out of the bag!

this is why it is obvious to me that it was the PL who leaked this after they received the work permit paperwork which would have stated Howe as the British alternative 

Just now, Dokko said:

A lot of learning for them and it's chicken and egg situation with manager, Dof and SD hiring, but right now we need a manager, then rest can come later. A decent Dof could work with a manager not quite synced for a couple of seasons and then look for someone more suitable if they can't sync up in that time. Time is the one thing they cannot buy and why for me it's the most important aspect right now even above quality (as long as it's not too poor of course)

They'll get better I'm sure of it. Don't think Charnley being involved helps whatsoever. Maybe they make him rake the fall today and see him sacked. That would be worth all this drama. 

Yeah the DoF and manager situation is a tough one, as we need to be sure they can and want to work together. We're in a precarious position so I'm torn between wanting a quick fix to get us safe this season versus building for the long term now by getting everyone in. I am moving closer to "just get something done", and will probably be more concerned if nothing moves fast during the early part of the international break.

Charnley still knocking about - I can't help but chuckle.

1 minute ago, James said:

this is why it is obvious to me that it was the PL who leaked this after they received the work permit paperwork which would have stated Howe as the British alternative 

Wat? 

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You can only use the shock factor for so long. So many walks of life shit gets dumped on you and you have to run with it. They are experienced business men and women with near enough unlimited funds to make things happen and have been wanting this for years. They believed it would happen so it's not a complete shock it has. So for me This isn't an excuse anymore, it only has a limited shelf life and for me thathas expired. They now need to be more agile in thinking and process and realise 24 hours is a long time in football and we have little time to waste. It's the old QCT. Cost isn't an issue, quality and time is. Which is more important to all this? Quality long term yes, but time is equally as important as if you wait and get a quality manager but run out of time.to make the changes then next season he leaves and it's all been for nothing. 

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on though, I'm not arguing for pulling that one up. 

You’re right in many ways, but I think they are being cautious which can be a good thing or a bad thing because there is so much to get right first due to the absolute shambles Ashley left them with. I’d question more their (footballing) advisors right now, obviously a lot of people will be jostling for some coin out of them or even a future role and job. They may be business people, but they are not football people. Ashley is a precursor to how fateful that can be… 

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

He has a point about them being so different. 

It also makes no sense to be even bothered by such a question. 

he sounds insecure. 

My point is regarding Howe. 

Edited by r0cafella
Clarity.

In the grand scheme of things - weve got decades of Saudi ownership to look forward too.

Waiting a couple of months for key positions to be filled isnt going to be that difficult. Though obviously the sooner a new manager can get to work with the players the better.

Even if we have Jones on board til January, so what? We could very easily buy our way out of trouble.

Even if we somehow get relegated this season, so what? Weve got decades of Saudi ownership to look forward too...

Im trying to look on the bright side here.

But maybe the first appointment should have been a DOF  - someone with the knowledge, the contacts, the reputation, someone who can sell the club to new players and the potential new manager.