Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I remember the v early days of the City Arab regime being absolutely dysfunctional as well before they brought in a few experienced hands to steady the ship. At the moment we are like a gang of smack heads who’ve just found a duffel bag full of cash and pure brown in the woods - we don’t know what to do first and the result is pure liquified chaos. 

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

I remember the v early days of the City Arab regime being absolutely dysfunctional as well before they brought in a few experienced hands to steady the ship. At the moment we are like a gang of smack heads who’ve just found a duffel bag full of cash and pure brown in the woods - we don’t know what to do first and the result is pure liquified chaos. 

😂😂😂😂

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Guarantee the minute Charnley is shown the door, the leaks will stop. Little rat that he is. 

Can't see it being Charnley doing the leaking. He will be absolutely gagging to hang around and stealing a wage. He'll be kissing some serious arse and doing everything they ask of him.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

First it was the structure of the club, then it was the vision of the club, now its the wages.

Seems like theres still plenty of room for negotiations. 

Aye, he sounds a right fussy cunt.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Can't see it being Charnley doing the leaking. He will be absolutely gagging to hang around and stealing a wage. He'll be kissing some serious arse and doing everything they ask of him.

i reckon he's shitting himself in case anybody asks a more technical question than "how's the bacon?"

4 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Nowt to do with wages according to the oracle that is Guillem Balague

The consortium has said that part of the reason things have taken a while is that they have been speaking to people to setup the kind of structure Balague is talking about.

I'm sure this is all information that will be provided to Emery hopefully today now. Previous discussions would just have centred around him as a manager I presume.

If Emery's issues are over things like vision, structure and how he fits into it all - it makes me want him even more. We spent three years observing a manager with absolute integrity, followed by someone with next to none, so we know the benefits of such a characteristic. 

they need the best people to convince elite managers (with project, structure, vision and money) to go for it

Then you have to wonder why Emery joined Arsenal with their owners and the tasteless way Wenger was pushed out.

I wonder if Conte knows how much debt Spurs have on the stadium or what "vision" thought Poch wasn't good enough. 

18 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Even in the before times of SDFC?

Well he’s better than Bruce probably (overlooking the fact we smashed his Bournemouth team under Howe and also beat them at home).

Ive just never been a fan of him, think he is massively overrated and as I said earlier the side he went down with are miles better then we are and they where also in a much better position in the table. I’m convinced we are relegated if/when we hire him. 

I don't think the wages are an issue here tbh.  I can totally understand the doubts Emery have (if true).

Who is the incoming DOF/Sporting Director, will there be one at all, how much power will he wield transfer-wise and so-on?

He's leaving a great job at Villareal, at the top of their group in the CL, to take over a club in 19th in the PL, with an unbalanced (poor) squad.
Surely he would like some assurances as to what his and NUFC's future looks like?

The DOF/Sporting Director really should be in place first. And then let them hire the manager. Otherwise this has every chance of failing badly.

But I don't really think anyone in the media knows for sure as of now. Maybe there'll be a triple presentation tomorrow with a CEO, a DOF/SD and a new manager? Wouldn't bet on it though. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If Emery's issues are over things like vision, structure and how he fits into it all - it makes me want him even more. We spent three years observing a manager with absolute integrity, followed by someone with next to none, so we know the benefits of such a characteristic. 

Yeah, he doesn't sound like the kind of manager that would turn down a job over wages at all. He would only take the job if he was in agreement over the structure and direction.

10 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

And social media was in it's infancy then, whereas our transition to inexperienced new ownership is being played out minute by minute on fucking Twatter.

If he's having doubts, I dont care what about, simply scratch his name off the list and move on.

He's not worth it and I wouldn't feel comfortable having someone here in any capacity that didn't jump at it, never seems to work.

They've wasted enough time as is without trying to convince him.

I refuse to believe at all the narrative that Emery wouldn't come here because the idea it's him or Howe shows we have an incompatible vision. Let's pretend it is out of them two - surely it's Emery and that's our main man for as many successful years as possible, or short term steady the ship manager Howe to keep us up and have the summer to decide what we do next. Maybe even another year of Howe if it goes very well to get to that top half of the table challenging and we are ready for next level manager. I don't believe for a moment their visions are supposed to be compatible as surely it's for different purposes, even if any of them being the only two was true.

This comes across to me as Emery has had a chat, we really liked him, we felt we had him, somehow it's become leaked too soon as done deal, Villarreal have rightly pressed him in a panic and want him to stay. He's either spooked and not coming, meaning Villarreal have successfully turned him around or he's still coming and it's just all media fluff and guess work, because Emery could hardly have said "yeah I'm coming" at any point while managing last nights game.

What I do think is a challenge, is that our current situation and terrible club infrastructure is definitely not attractive to top managers. Having new owners who have money is one thing, but coming here to turn it all around from bottom three to title challengers is a huge project that will take years. And we all know it can be a winless run in 2 or 3 years time you get sacked for prematurely, just like how Emery got at Arsenal. Makes sense to me the leak, his past at Arsenal and Villarreal could have got him to change his mind.

As fans we've got to be patient here and ride this storm - think the owners are finding this much harder than they expected.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

If he's having doubts, I dont care what about, simply scratch his name off the list and move on.

He's not worth it and I wouldn't feel comfortable having someone here in any capacity that didn't jump at it, never seems to work.

They've wasted enough time as is without trying to convince him.

Of course he's having some doubts. We haven't got a structure in place that is fit for purpose for a Premier League club.
I wouldn't expect a manager with the CV of Emery to sign a contract with NUFC without knowing exactly what the plans are.

He could sign a contract today thinking that he's got the final say on transfers for example and we then hire a DOF/SD in two weeks time who's the opposite of Emery.

We'll have a nice little KK/Wise/Jimenez situation on our hands again. Except that it would be played out in public, live on Twitter and streamed on Prime.

We NEED to get the structure in place or at least an idea of what it'll look like before any elite-ish manager will sign. It will only end in tears otherwise.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Think people forget that Eddie got relegated with a better team than what we have now , we would have no chance of staying up in our current position if we appoint him as manager .

Are was just discounting everything he did before that?