Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Good man !!!

It is still the easiest thing in the world for any of us to look on the down-side of everything. I mean, "14 years of daily training" is a very hard thing to shake off.

For our great future, just do what I intend to do whenever I feel that inevitably things will go wrong, just say one word (to yourself) . . O P P O S I T E . . and you won't go far wrong!

My lass says I’m boring, ugly, shit in bed and she wants to start seeing other gadgies 

But I’m thinking O P P O S I T E 

Amirite ? 

I'll assume this has already been shared http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/10/06/tactical-philosophy-eddie-howe/ but just reading it and fills me with a bit of confidence moving forward. I'm hoping when/if we move to a 4411 we can make some clear personnel changes that have been crying out. Could see Wilson, Almiron, Joelinton, Saint-Maximin and Willock all fitting into the team with a pairing of Schar and Fernandez with Hayden protecting. The issue will be fullbacks, but with January coming up if we can get a decent pair it would help push us up the field.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Jokes. Roll on tomorrow :bluestar:

First glanced at that and thought Emery had hoyed his hat back in the ring there [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

What time tomorrow do we think the official NUFC tweet will be?

I'm going with 10:32 in the AM.

I think we're due another "talks ongoing/Howe to be appointed this week" tweet first from Hope or Edwards. 

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

My lass says I’m boring, ugly, shit in bed and she wants to start seeing other gadgies 

But I’m thinking O P P O S I T E 

Amirite ? 

You sir, are C O M P L E T E L Y correct.

(Good Luck Tonight . . . )

10 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Howe is this still rumbling on?

Reading between the lines, it seems to be an issue with structure.

The board has given Jones assurances about his future but Howe wants his own coaching team.

He also wants his old Technical Director but that probably doesn’t fit with the DOF model they’re trying to put in place. I assume we’re negotiating a compromise of some sort. 

48 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Reading between the lines, it seems to be an issue with structure.

The board has given Jones assurances about his future but Howe wants his own coaching team.

He also wants his old Technical Director but that probably doesn’t fit with the DOF model they’re trying to put in place. I assume we’re negotiating a compromise of some sort. 

I don’t think he’s high profile/good enough to be making demands with regards to a technical director tbh. He can, by all means try, but I doubt he’d be daft enough to let that be a deal-breaker. This is quite a decent opportunity for him to pass up.

41 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I don’t think he’s high profile/good enough to be making demands with regards to a technical director tbh. He can, by all means try, but I doubt he’d be daft enough to let that be a deal-breaker. This is quite a decent opportunity for him to pass up.

At the moment we need him a lot more than he needs us. He's in a strong position

If he believes his best chance of succeeding in the role is having his own team around him, he's right to stick to his guns