Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, duo said:

We have to remember this was a Leicester side low in confidence, missing arguably their best defender - they were there for the taking.  There was no cohesion in our play, barely put any passes together.

Zero fluidity. Out of the teams going down, we look the worst (maybe Burnley) at developing any sort of flow moving forward. No positional awareness at all.

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

I disagree with Howe. For large parts of the game we were very ineffective, and others we were woeful. Few bit of ASM magic and the odd punt at goal wasn't us doing OK. We never really looked dangerous as a team, and we never looked comfortable with the ball in their half. 

I don't how much to say is on him versus the shit he has to pick from, but his centre midfield options are shocking.

Agree on the end bit about our midfield.

Think ASM is flattering to deceive as much as Almiron as others mention tbh. His trickery is fantastic but he rarely gets anything out of it and at times, was a sheer luxury today, a luxury we cannot afford at present. 

Edited by Heron

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Needing Hayden in our starting 11? God just relegate us now. He is awful man.

Give him a month of underwhelming games and maybe a standard Hayden red card and people will be saying we need Willock back in the first 11

The fact of the matter is these are shit and there's only so many seasons you can play Russian roulette with them until shit blows in your face. This season is looking like it just might be it.

Edited by Amir_9

1 minute ago, Heron said:

He doesn't need to do it publicly though... 

Why not? Have some honest constructive criticism publicly. Not lambasting players who are clearly not good enough. Anyways, could just be Ryder's choice quotes, but I'd rather see something like "I expected more effort and adoption of systems we've been working on in training, that didn't happen today and I will revaluate our approach based on todays result".

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Zero fluidity. Out of the teams going down, we look the worst (maybe Burnley) at developing any sort of flow moving forward. No positional awareness at all.

I struggled to see what our tactics are - we just don't seem to play as a team.  It's either lump it forward to Wilson or give it to ASM in the hope he does something.  I struggle to see what he has changed, other than give JL some confidence.

Hope Howe identifies and addresses the lack of team work/work ethic the coming week. Two stand out situations for me were Almiron battling for possession against 3 Leicester players around their own corner flag, and Lewis the same on opposite side at Leicesters other corner flag. It seemed like the team was simply assuming they would lose the ball immediately, and was just bracing themselves to defend rather that fighting for the ball in a dangerous area.

It was similar type of ball watching as when ASM is in dribble mode and everyone remaining stationary instead of working for better positions to receive the ball or attacking open areas left behind when Leicester commits several players to stop ASM.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

:jesuswept: please no. We look much better with fullbacks/footballers at fullback.

We need to see Hayden and Fernandes introduced to the starting 11 though.

Oh, I completely agree. I don’t ever want to see Krafth again (for NUFC or Sweden) for example ?. Lewis was OK today I thought but Manq was as bad as Ritchie’s been. Alarmingly I thought Schär was piss poor as well which coupled with Lascelles usual self wasn’t very good. 

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Why not? Have some honest constructive criticism publicly. Not lambasting players who are clearly not good enough. Anyways, could just be Ryder's choice quotes, but I'd rather see something like "I expected more effort and adoption of systems we've been working on in training, that didn't happen today and I will revaluate our approach based on todays result".

Because we need to be pulling together at present. Saying those comments allows the media an entry to probe and make suggestions all isn't well in the camp, etc.

I agree, some times there needs to be a hardline approach but this is whatvhe has to deal with until January, and we have some very, very difficult games coming up, I thibk it's best to maintain what unity is there and save the arse kickings for the games where we absolutely should win and don't. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Willock has created ZERO chances this season accorfing to inSTAT that's really really bad.

That can't be true, can it? I have a vivid memory (granted, my memory can fail me) of him advancing down left hand side, dribbling off two players and putting in a cross against Norwich. I can't remember the outcome of that play, but would that not count if f.ex a Norwich player got to the ball first?

Just now, Conjo said:

That can't be true, can it? I have a vivid memory (granted, my memory can fail me) of him advancing down left hand side, dribbling off two players and putting in a cross against Norwich. I can't remember the outcome of that play, but would that not count if f.ex a Norwich player got to the ball first?

incant recall anything of note the £25 million player has done this season , Hendrick could seriously have not been any worse , this kid has regressed so much , Kennedyesque

With the best will in the world, I'd have hoped to see some of the messages get through to the bunch of utter fuckwits on the field by now. Sick of seeing the same mistakes week in and week out by the same individuals. I don't want to lay blame at Howe's door given the scarcity of quality at his disposal, but some of the cunts need dropping.

I desperately want Howe to succeed - and I appreciate that his task was made ever more difficult by the sheer incompetence of his feckless precessessor - but christ this was a painful fucking performance to suffer

Have to admit I’m starting to worry. As much as about the size of the task as Howe himself.

We’re just so bad and the improvements have been fairly minor… not enough to beat the decent teams we now need to beat. 

The attacking pattern is just non existent, and I don’t see how it can be corrected with two such bad CMs. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have to admit I’m starting to worry. As much as about the size of the task as Howe himself.

We’re just so bad and the improvements have been fairly minor… not enough to beat the decent teams we now need to beat. 

The attacking pattern is just non existent, and I don’t see how it can be corrected with two such bad CMs. 

Here’s another , you find it difficult to polish a turd mate , we are so far off 90% of the other teams in the PL  Pep couldn’t change these fuckers .

Howe is the VERY best we could get given where we were , have a word with yourself , we are utter shite man .

Just now, Heron said:

Because we need to be pulling together at present. Saying those comments allows the media an entry to probe and make suggestions all isn't well in the camp, etc.

I agree, some times there needs to be a hardline approach but this is whatvhe has to deal with until January, and we have some very, very difficult games coming up, I thibk it's best to maintain what unity is there and save the arse kickings for the games where we absolutely should win and don't. 

There's no unity on the pitch, but I suppose compounding issues publicly could make matters worse. I guess I'm so used to problem identification leading to better outcomes, it'd be refreshing to hear coming from our new manager. To me, Howe is our future, I couldn't give a toss about our current 11 outside of a few players we can build around. Anyways, the rest of the month is going to be grim and I hope some of the positivity is still intact for the winnable games. 

Of course when opportunity comes our way, the product on the field is complete shite and devoid of any sort of promise. 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I'm just going off their data but yeah

lIWmQ9S.png

Assuming it's ok to post this since it's from official Norwich account. Go to the chance starting at 02:14. Idk how those stats are generated so it may have a logical explenation to it but in my head at least it should as a minimum be ONE chance created. Not that it would make it any more impressive :lol: 

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Here’s another , you find it difficult to polish a turd mate , we are so far off 90% of the other teams in the PL  Pep couldn’t change these fuckers .

Howe is the VERY best we could get given where we were , have a word with yourself , we are utter shite man .

Somehow I doubt that, a better manager at least puts in respectable performances. Let a lone a whooping from a second class Leicester team (that Bruce beat last year btw)

Not saying these lot aren't shit. They are, but Howe has barely done anything out of the ordinary since coming in, at least the players are training more though, right?

Edited by Menace

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

There's no unity on the pitch, but I suppose compounding issues publicly could make matters worse. I guess I'm so used to problem identification leading to better outcomes, it'd be refreshing to hear coming from our new manager. To me, Howe is our future, I couldn't give a toss about our current 11 outside of a few players we can build around. Anyways, the rest of the month is going to be grim and I hope some of the positivity is still intact for the winnable games. 

Of course when opportunity comes our way, the product on the field is complete shite and devoid of any sort of promise. 

I think there is some unity on the pitch but there's a lack of on pitch leaders that's a real concern. Lascelles seems to have checked out on that front, and previously I'd considered that one of his better attirbutes. 

Edited by Heron

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

Somehow I doubt that, a better manager at least puts in respectable performances. Let a lone a whooping from a second class Leicester team (that Bruce beat last year btw)

Not saying these lot aren't shit. They are, but Howe has barely done anything out of the ordinary since coming in, at least the players are training more though, right?

Crikey. Get Bruce and Ashley back in then. My God ...

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I think there is some unity on the pitch but there's a lack of on pitch leaders that's a real concern. Lascelles seems to have checked out on that front, and previously I'd considered that one of his better attirbutes. 

Yeah, Rafa did wonders with him, the lad is nowhere near as good as he's previously been for us and arguably when we need him most. 

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Willock has created ZERO chances this season accorfing to inSTAT that's really really bad.

Not sure about that mind, just last game it was his cross that caused Pope to fuck up and Wilson to score. Still think he needs to be dropped or to play in a 3 though.