Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

the work he’s done in such a short space of time has been quite simply remarkable.

look at what he inherited ffs :lol: an unfit shambles of a team with a horrific mentality, zero confidence, and no identity. he’s changed absolutely everything on and off the pitch and deserves a huge amount of credit.

PE teacher my arse. he’s a top manager.

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s learned quickly, made some weird selections initially but things like keeping Shar and Burn in shows he really understands the squad now. 

Pure speculation on my end, but for me he showed that he could identify what needed improvement after the first game. Although the changes weren't as radical as people on here wanted, I think he probably knew more changes were needed early on, but sacrificed it not to upset things too much. 

Just now, Conjo said:

Pure speculation on my end, but for me he showed that he could identify what needed improvement after the first game. Although the changes weren't as radical as people on here wanted, I think he probably knew more changes were needed early on, but sacrificed it not to upset things too much. 

Yeah quite possibly, we obviously don’t need to deal with the dressing room etc when we’re discussing things. Like dropping the captain etc. 

Like Benetiz, I love knowing we have a manager that will already be formulating in his mind what we can improve on. The signings he has made and his own methods have changed the mentality of this team, which after Bunce, is a huge achievement. 

Looking at our fixtures, I've felt we needed to be safe by the time we play Norwich away. We're doing remarkably well to making that a reality. 

I have to give him so much credit getting us pressing up. I will defend Rafa's golden patch to hell and back but even that was a low block with runners. I doubted our players could adapt to this style but he has been patient, not paniced and gone 'back to basics' as no doubt half the pfm managers would. Most of all I was concerned he wouldnt help our defense. I was wrong.

Edited by Tiresias

He's brilliant. Done an outstanding job so far and has completely transformed us. The signings of Burn and Targett have been outstanding.

Think he must've worked on the defensive side of his teams over the time out of the game he had, the trips to watch Simeone work at Atleti, et cetera.

Completely trust him now, getting to the point where I don't care about what 11 he starts, especially after these results without Trippier, Wilson and ASM.

Those 4 defeats were games you'd probably expect to lose as well, Leicester away the most disappointing one of the lot given the season they're having. Only loss at home was to Man City in which the scoreline flattered the opposition. All 4 losses had utterly rancid refereeing against us too.