Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Not at all. Bloke is an absolute credit to the club no matter what happens from here IMO. Keeping us in the league is absolutely massive in the wider scheme of things.

When he came in the only aim was avoiding relegation. What we've got so far has exceeded expectations massively. This love and excitement in not even half a season has been an amazing surprise. The difference in 21 games is insane. 

Absolute credit to the club. Indeed. I liked the way he seemed to shrink a little, when talking about the city and fans. It just felt very respectful, as if he was more than happy to take a back seat to it.

Dunno if I imagined it.

Another thing I might have imagined during the post match interview with Wood. How much joy is Jamie Carragher getting out of this? Never really liked him, but he's loving it. 

The past 14 years pundits have been coming to a simmering, rage-filled cesspool that probably left a sour taste [as if I care], but it all contributes to us becoming a top club.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Another thing I might have imagined during the post match interview with Wood. How much joy is Jamie Carragher getting out of this? Never really liked him, but he's loving it. 

The past 14 years pundits have been coming to a simmering, rage-filled cesspool that probably left a sour taste [as if I care], but it all contributes to us becoming a top club.

There is a clip of him saying how he used to hate coming to SJP for Sky Sports as it was so negative and dull, but since the take over its back to life and he loves it. 

Aye those fan forum things with Neville, Keane and Carragher are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, enjoy watching them. Carragher's input is generally less than the other two (doesn't like the sound of his own voice and isn't as interested in cultivating a persona like Keane) but he's generally spot on and at the very least doesn't seem to have an axe to grind with us (neither does Neville to be fair who is usually positive about us), unlike Keane who's a miserable tosser a lot of the time. Had some hilarious points to make about Everton in the last one.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

49 minutes ago, Adam said:

This one? 

Great interview in every respect. Nice to hear interviewers give the interviewee time to speak and articulate thoughts rather than setting them up for one line, rent a quote, responses too

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Great interview in every respect. Nice to hear interviewers give the interviewee time to speak and articulate thoughts rather than setting them up for one line, rent a quote, responses too

It's also refreshing to see the interviewee afford the same courtesy.

23 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Carragher was literally saying he wanted to join in with Blaydon Races pre-game. Tends to have a lot of good things to say about us.

He looked buzzing at FT just looking round the stadium. 

32 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Carragher was literally saying he wanted to join in with Blaydon Races pre-game. Tends to have a lot of good things to say about us.

Blaydon races with his accent ?

No.......just, No.

Watched with a colleague who doesn’t watch football and he’s now hooked. He is completely on board now and it was just the random bits of our play. But mostly Howe in the nbc interview. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I had to listen to 5 live tonight, even Chris Waddle wants to find positives around NUFC now. Funny how things change!

4 minutes ago, Crayola Kid said:

I had to listen to 5 live tonight, even Chris Waddle wants to find positives around NUFC now. Funny how things change!

Did he enjoy the pelanty?

Clearly he doesn't yet have the achievements but Howe joins the likes of Keegan, Robson and Benitez in that when they speak about football, you just want to stop and listen because you just know it'll be worth listening to.

Just talks so well and no matter how things turn out I can't imagine ever screaming at the TV in frustration like I did whenever Pardew, Bruce and Carver ever stood in front of the cameras.

5 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Clearly he doesn't yet have the achievements but Howe joins the likes of Keegan, Robson and Benitez in that when they speak about football, you just want to stop and listen because you just know it'll be worth listening to.

Just talks so well and no matter how things turn out I can't imagine ever screaming at the TV in frustration like I did whenever Pardew, Bruce and Carver ever stood in front of the cameras.

Pal was a subscriber to the Times so got us tickets to their talk-in at the Tyneside Cinema with Caulkin and Rafa etc. 

I could listen to that bloke (Rafa) for ever. A gentleman, scholar and so eloquent. 

Eddie's the same. Every word considered. 

Bruce, like Carver, is just Mongo from Blazing Saddles

I know this has been mentioned before but late in the second half Schar went down after we won a free kick physio ran on but didn't go anywhere near Schar rans to the guys in the middle and gave them a load of instruction and then back off. As it was a gk Schar didn't have to go off either. Shows they are on the ball the full game and aren't just waiting to see how it goes.