Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Offer made for Hakan Calhanoglu apparently.

He's awesome in FIFA 18, so as an expert I approve of this transfer.

What shit happened to you twice?

Bruce found the Pardew lil bit of magic button. We're fucking doomed.

Seems the strategy in January is to target talented players that aren't necessarily having the best of times at their current clubs as loans with an option to buy.

Not the worst strategy I don't think. I could see us getting some really interesting players this way. If only this manager could get a clue man. Urgh.

Seems the strategy in January is to target talented players that aren't necessarily having the best of times at their current clubs as loans with an option to buy.

Not the worst strategy I don't think. I could see us getting some really interesting players this way. If only this manager could get a clue man. Urgh.

Pick them up cheap and sell them for profit. We're desperate for a new left wing back but I'd be amazed if we got one. We'll end up sticking Atsu or Almiron there before the seasons over

Another left winger isnt he? Miggy was ok down the right the past two games but so much better on the left.

I wonder if the plan, such as it is, will be to drop Almiron centrally and a little deeper as the goals he's got recently have mostly come from arriving onto stuff late as opposed to skinning people on the wing or getting in behind. He's got the engine for it and defensive mindset as well. Could make a lot of sense but not sure how you'd fit that into the overall system.

Another left winger isnt he? Miggy was ok down the right the past two games but so much better on the left.

Don't think Calhanoglu is quick enough to play as a winger in our system. Think he played deeper this season for Milan but that can't have gone too great I'd they're looking to offload him

Those signings are fine like. Our youngest CB is 26 with the rest being 28 and above. Some younger centre-back we can try and develop is okay.

Add to that Fernandez's contract is up in the summer, and Clark's the year after.

Difficult to argue that Fernandez isn't worth at least another short-term contract, although he is on reasonably big wages.

Clark's performances have been worth another one too, although his injury record would go against him.

Not surprised that we're not looking fir a striker, there's too many on the books that we can't shift. If we'd been prepared to recruit properly we could have let Gayle go several times over, but now his stock has fallen, he's had more injuries and we can't shift him. Muto was obviously a massive mistake as well, but again brought about through an unwillingness to spend real money on a player who suited the team. Thankfully Carroll's only on a short-term contract, which is desperate in itself but fortunately won't mean we need to find a buyer.

Our whole recruitment policy has left the squad imbalanced and bloated and creates a knock-on effect, constantly preventing anyone from building something in a tangible image (as if Bruce could). I mean, to have two established, experienced but not old 'first team squad' players not even registered is a farce and sums it all up.