Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, The Prophet said:

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/2021/04/out-of-contract-in-2022-best-free-agents-available-on-a-bosman/amp

Found this with a quick Google, there are probably more comprehensive lists knocking about.

you're right - if the new mob have any sense they'll be hitting that list in january and getting the cream in on low(er) fees instead of waiting until the summer

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Aye, but we're using those facilities 5 times a week now. It's an accident waiting to happen.

I know our facilities are pure trash, but if we had a competently run club free of intervention from an owner who actively wanted us to finish 1 place above the drop zone and were able to sign players for actual money and not for free or cheap, or had a full staff that could support them, even if they had to do rehab work off-site (and not alone), or had nutritional plans drawn up for them (Rafa did), we'd be more than fine but we wouldn't be attracting blue chip players long-term or near-term without a definitive "hey, our facilities are bad, we are making X accommodations for you and the squad to get everything you need to be successful and we'll support anything else you need, but we'll keep improving these until we build a new one"

But to say that the facilities would hinder staying up full stop is kind of a wild statement. 

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, was it Sissoko, Gouffran, Debuchy, etc?

Kind of an epic window tbh, that was a wild week. I'd kill to have Gouffran in the team right now we are so shit sometimes. He's far more effective than Joelinton. FFS! 

22 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I know our facilities are pure trash, but if we had a competently run club free of intervention from an owner who actively wanted us to finish 1 place above the drop zone and were able to sign players for actual money and not for free or cheap, or had a full staff that could support them, even if they had to do rehab work off-site (and not alone), or had nutritional plans drawn up for them (Rafa did), we'd be more than fine but we wouldn't be attracting blue chip players long-term or near-term without a definitive "hey, our facilities are bad, we are making X accommodations for you and the squad to get everything you need to be successful and we'll support anything else you need, but we'll keep improving these until we build a new one"

But to say that the facilities would hinder staying up full stop is kind of a wild statement. 

I was just having a laugh about the state of our facilities. But in reality [although I did mention that the situation could be improved] getting the squad up to the professional standard that we need will be difficult for anybody. I've no doubt that come January we will be in a position to improve, but it all depends what position we are in, come that time.

The lack of fitness is a real concern, they probably ned to go through an entire pre-season programme, whilst playing competitive games, injuries piling up. If we were in January and only 3-4 points adrift I wouldn't have a concern.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Aye, and not just simply train for 2-3 days a week! 

Another factor that might come into play is morale. 5 days at that training ground could depress the hell out of you.

Edited by Happinesstan