Transfer rumours

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I get all the arguments about our desperation and unlimited wealth etc, but isn't Trippier's contract up at the end of the season? Seems a bit daft to go straight in with an offer that's actually more than what they even paid for him in the first place. Again, I know, we're desperate, but we could also do without being made mugs of otherwise it'll make life harder in the future. 

Yeah looks like 18months left. Last chance for them to get good cash in and find a replacement. Wonder if they'd have Manq back as part ex? Could cover a main RB and be part of their club grown for CL. 

28 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

The number of transfer rumours which seem to have some weight behind them are picking up now which bodes well for early January signings. Apparently Trippier would be able to start training with us as early as 22nd December.

List them?

9 minutes ago, nortoon said:

I would prefer to keep Manquillo in addition to Trippier. Having 2 right backs is fine in a non-Ashley world. :)

I'd rather have an ambitious, young, TALENTED understudy pushing for a first team place behind our first choice in every position. Manquillo is the best we've got but he's none of those things

I would really like to start seeing some CM options mentioned. I hope we have a plan for strengthening the centre of midfield with creativity but also protection. CMs seem like a premium now given the amount of attacking midfielders and full backs around. No idea who would be realistic for us. Someone like Torreira would be a good fit I reckon, just protecting and keeping it moving in CM. He was good at Atletico and seemingly this year at Fiorentina too. Not that he's someone that'd likely move I doubt but I think we need that kind of player. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Great shout. He’s a a bit of a cunt as well, which is what we need.

It would make a massive difference to the team to have similar type of cuntishness from someone in midfield and defence like Wilson has up top. 

As players based in Spain tend to have buy out clauses in their contracts a lot more than in the UK I was wondering if there is anywhere that you can see this information and if there are any other countries where it is as prevalent? I looked on Transfermarkt but couldn't see anything.

Would be good to see who we could potentially buy without having to get the owning team to 'accept' the bid

17 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Absolutely, it’s an underrated intangible imo. It ignored crowds and disrupts other teams. 

Cabaye was properly good at it...snide enough to rile the opposition, but almost totally unnoticed by the pundits and opposition fans....a subtle scrape of the studs here, and elbow in the ribs there while being smart enough to know when the ref wasn't looking.

Enough niggly irritations here and there to wind the other team while avoiding getting a reputation or a massive card collector. It's a subtle dark art.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Cabaye was properly good at it...snide enough to rile the opposition, but almost totally unnoticed by the pundits and opposition fans....a subtle scrape of the studs here, and elbow in the ribs there while being smart enough to know when the ref wasn't looking.

Enough niggly irritations here and there to wind the other team while avoiding getting a reputation or a massive card collector. It's a subtle dark art.

Next to Tiote, who played like the ultimate cunt even if it wasn't intentional. My word what a midfield duo they could have been with a proper footballing manager!

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Genuinely sounds OTT but that’s as good a PL two in midfield as you’re likely to see. Absolutely brutal but with Cabaye’s  ability to pass 

Good partnership, but I think Viera/Petit would shade it!

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Genuinely sounds OTT but that’s as good a PL two in midfield as you’re likely to see. Absolutely brutal but with Cabaye’s  ability to pass 

That season we finished 5th with Pardew manager, it actually took injuries for him to stumble on his best team, otherwise he was playing Ryan Taylor ahead of Ben Arfa. But once we got the right personnel together I think we saw the best of that centre mid pairing. It was awesome for about 4 months when you had Ba, HBA and Cisse in front of them. 

25m is the 10m of 2010. Its big money, sure, but we've been so starved of decent investment that it had clouded our vision with regards to transfer fees.

In the scenario that we get relegated, I'd like us as fans to convince trippier to stay and help us dick the championship. If we can keep him and Wilson etc. It will go along way to bringing us straight back.

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

That season we finished 5th with Pardew manager, it actually took injuries for him to stumble on his best team, otherwise he was playing Ryan Taylor ahead of Ben Arfa. But once we got the right personnel together I think we saw the best of that centre mid pairing. It was awesome for about 4 months when you had Ba, HBA and Cisse in front of them. 

Ryan Taylor playing ahead of HBA was an absolute fucking joke

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I would really like to start seeing some CM options mentioned. I hope we have a plan for strengthening the centre of midfield with creativity but also protection. CMs seem like a premium now given the amount of attacking midfielders and full backs around. No idea who would be realistic for us. Someone like Torreira would be a good fit I reckon, just protecting and keeping it moving in CM. He was good at Atletico and seemingly this year at Fiorentina too. Not that he's someone that'd likely move I doubt but I think we need that kind of player. 

Good shout, but I think be left Arsenal because he disliked England. I recall him moaning about the weather.