Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

Imagine Fonseca trying to get a tune out of that defence? ffs lol comical stuff.

Playing it out from the back, modern football. They can't even say their own names.

Lascelles - Captain! that header today showed how much of a leader he is. He's another Steven Taylor - All talk and bluster. No skill or brains.

Found myself agreeing with a lot of what Jenas was saying. 

What was the plan for going a goal down? Did we even have a plan or have the players ignored it? Aside from an early "fucks sake" from Jones, theres not been a lot to suggest that he was unhappy with that half. 

Take a centre half off and stick Willock on to occupy the gaping hole between ASM and Wilson.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Just showing the penalty again, and it really is a joke of one, it shows how the Brighton lifts his foot and then rather than put i down, he throws himself down. Just a joke.

Yep - you could tell he wasn't sure the amount of times he watched it. It is not a Clear and obvious error then. They just make it up with the rules of VAR 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Our defence standing and pointing as our midfield stand 5 yards in front of them is my highlight of the first 45 minutes. I watch a fair bit of league two football and it’s a very similar tactic.

They aren’t very good actually but look in 2nd gear , we don’t look like anything 

It’s a clear pen man, he clips him and is even dragging on his shirt, the dumb fuck. If he was a horse, he’d be put down. 

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This. Excusing Jones because he's "not a manager" is ridiculous.

Jones could tell them to press

Jones could pick a better team and formation

If we got the basics right and at least played the right players in the right places and didn't surrender possession in its entirety, I could accept us "not improving", but we're actually loads worse. It's absolutely basic stuff that a hundred people on here can see who also aren't football managers, so the fact that Jones can't is damning.

At least get beat having a go, not like this.

Amen!

Just now, duo said:

Yep - you could tell he wasn't sure the amount of times he watched it. It is not a Clear and obvious error then. They just make it up with the rules of VAR 

Is there a mistimed tackle ? Contact ? Gone to ground? Dint get the ball?

yes to all of them ? Pen , simple as that if it goes to VAR

Our squad is a lethal combination of square-pegs-in-round-holes, shit players, and chronic underfunding. This predates Jones, and the only of those things he could have improved is the first. Unfortunately he’s just not up for the challenge.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Ciaran Clark should not be playing games for Newcastle United in 2021. Nor should half the team for that matter tbh, but fuck me.

How come a zillions fans see this and a manager who is with them every day is incapable????

2 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Imagine Fonseca trying to get a tune out of that defence? ffs lol comical stuff.

Playing it out from the back, modern football. They can't even say their own names.

Lascelles - Captain! that header today showed how much of a leader he is. He's another Steven Taylor - All talk and bluster. No skill or brains.

A huge start would be to pick our best defenders.

Just showed a very brief clip of Howe shaking his head and pointing out something to Tindall who shook his head in disbelief too :lol:

The team selection is so horrific that I honestly think Jones has to go, and if it is already agreed he stays he should just be there to carry out grunt work i.e. setting things out and taking them back in, before and after training.

Cannot wait for this abomination to end and the new bunch to come in. Absolutely disgusting state of affairs out on that pitch.

Didn't think was a pen, daft challenge but he could have stayed on his feet, if he'd gone down straight away then fair enough but we deserved to be a goal down, really can't see any manager turning this season around. Absolute dogshit team

3 minutes ago, Ste said:

Found myself agreeing with a lot of what Jenas was saying. 

What was the plan for going a goal down? Did we even have a plan or have the players ignored it? Aside from an early "fucks sake" from Jones, theres not been a lot to suggest that he was unhappy with that half. 

Take a centre half off and stick Willock on to occupy the gaping hole between ASM and Wilson.

Said it earlier but it's so frustrating that this criticism hasn't been levelled at the team earlier. Fucking protecting Bruce, tossers, the lot of them