The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

If Everton do go down (they won't, but we can dream) how much blame will be placed on Rafa do we reckon?

I'm torn between not wanting to put too much blame on the manager who comes in half way through the season, and thinking it's harsh on Rafa who we know would turn it around and generally finishes seasons very strongly. 

Maybe it would be neither of their faults. It's the boards for not sticking with a manager and getting some consistency in. 

30 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I personally think Everton will be right in the mix.

A draw today would be ideal for us, but a Leeds win, otherwise. Think Leeds are far less likely to go down than Everton

It’s hard to contemplate Everton going down , pretty sure it’s not gonna happen but I’m loving them squirm , just glad we got 3 points off them , I still stick by Burnley , Watford and Norwich, we are still in it too mind obviously.

Everton are one of those teams that you think is too good to go down but isn't quite the sum of its parts, they don't have the character in that squad to deal with a relegation scrap. Dele Ali was a big mistake too, clearly a bad egg, believes his own hype and hasn't done anything of note for 2 seasons. The only thing they have going for them is the current bottom 3 are trash.

If you’ve watched Everton play recently, they definitely can go down. It’s not like they’ve been unlucky, they’ve been tragically bad. I’ve said it already but if English Frank doesn’t get a bounce in their next two games and DCL doesn’t recover and get his form back they’ve got a decent chance of going down. I think all the other teams fighting for relegation have a better mentality and a clearer plan on the way they’re going to play

Edited by gbandit

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If you’ve watched Everton play recently, they definitely can go down. It’s not like they’ve been unlucky, they’ve been tragically bad. I’ve said it already but if English Frank doesn’t get a bounce in their next two games and DCL doesn’t recover and get his form back they’ve got a decent chance of going down. I think all the other teams fighting for relegation have a better mentality and a clearer plan on the way they’re going to play

Huge game for them today, glad we can sit back and really any result benefits us.

Is it fair to say if Everton goes down, they will be the best team on paper ever relegated from the Premier League?

West Ham had some decent players in 2003, but many of them were very young at that time. We had many big names in 2008, but many of them on the decline. Everton has many big names who are in their prime at the moment.

Is my hatred of frank lampard as a manager rational? It goes back to 'spygate' in championship when Frank got incredibly upset over Bielsa doing due diligent scouting (which is kinda hilarious cos I can't see why Bielsa does it considering his tactics are exactly teh same regardless). I don't know if Lampard does all the behind the scenes hard work looking at data etc he comes accross as having such a high opinion of himself that he is above all that. 

He could not sort out Chelsea's defence, froze out players and he is the one manager they've had for ever who could take on a dressing room that is famous for turning on managers. How quickly Tuchel sorted the defence out is shocking. Still there was stuff to admire in how good going forward they were and bringing Mount through. I just can't help but think he's out of his depth but totally unaware of it. Also Tory wanker but that's kinda irrelevant. 

Very nicely poised, if we continue our progress. Looking at the teams in the bottom half, I think we can be confident of beating them. Maybe not Leicester, and maybe Southampton. And we've played Leeds. If we can beat each of them we will be dragging them into the mire, giving them more to play for in the games against other relegation rivals. One or two hard fought draws against the rest and we should be safe.

Just now, Skeletor said:

Think we're half a cut above the three teams below us but you can never rely on us.

Will come down to luck with major injuries or even short injuries to major players. Avoid them and I think we'll be ok.

No further knocks to the likes of Trippier please.

4 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Tommorow is big in a different way to the other games lately. Others have been huge just to get our head above water. Win this and we start to somehow build a gap. Unthinkable at Christmas really. 

The last two games have been significant in building my confidence, going into this. In those games we seem to have fixed everything that was broken. 

Villa is a different test, of course, but I'll remain anxiously confident until things look awful again.

Win this and I'll be confident against West Ham.

Edited by Happinesstan

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Win tomorrow and it's a 2. I think we'd have more chance of catching the likes of Leeds & Brentford than the 3 below us catching us if that happens.

Win tomorrow and it’s a 0 for me , we will stay up if we win , IF Norwich get beat tonight 

I mean it's been a few days since then, but one thing that worries me is if the players can recharge mentally and play with the same intensity and energy tomorrow. I'm sure we can physically. Let's hope so.