Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Arsenal could have a second chance to sign Barcelona forward Raphinha after missing out during the summer transfer window, the Daily Express reports.

The Gunners were keen on signing the Brazilian from Leeds, but a move to Barcelona has not quite worked out.

Raphinha has scored just two goals in 20 outings this season and Spanish outlet El Chiringuitohave now reported that he has already been identified for a possible transfer as Barcelona look to balance their finances.

A player I hope can be considered if he is to move.

Just now, Holmesy said:

To be fair, he looked alright at the World Cup but he was never good enough for Barcelona. He's a decent Premier League performer but he's no Miggy

Problem with Barca is that their squad is really heavy - plus Dembele seems to have got his mojo back 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What happened to Ansu Fati, thought he was seen as one of the best players of the next generation @Village Idiot

Been injured a fair bit, but when selected, seems to have not performed particularly well, and so has lost a lot of support.

I don’t think wearing the no.10 whilst doing so will have helped much.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2023/01/10/ansu-fati-has-become-a-problem-for-the-fc-barcelona-locker-roomreports/?sh=5ee3d76657a9

On 05/01/2023 at 11:13, joeyt said:

Not for this month but in the summer I wonder if we'll reignite our interest in Brennan Johnson at Forest

Looks like he's finally settling into the Prem

Another 2 well taken goals today

On 12/01/2023 at 15:33, Manxst said:

Been injured a fair bit, but when selected, seems to have not performed particularly well, and so has lost a lot of support.

I don’t think wearing the no.10 whilst doing so will have helped much.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2023/01/10/ansu-fati-has-become-a-problem-for-the-fc-barcelona-locker-roomreports/?sh=5ee3d76657a9

Yeah, he's not been good, but I'm willing to cut him a pretty large break given his injuries - he's had flashes of his pre-injury self here and there.

Players in or entering their prime who are out of favour at their clubs like Kieran Tierny or Gnabry. Some youngsters who could develop into very good players like Conor Gallagher and Smith-Rowe and an old hat or two like Hummels. It took Man City a few years to attract the real top players and I think the same applies here.

Edited by Anglian

Watford well in the hunt for promotion so can’t see Sarr or Pedro (regardless of injury) going anywhere in January.

It looks between the young Spanish RB and West Ham RB the most credible links so far for the defence. We’ve resigned Karius so GK department sorted.

No ideas regarding a midfielder and forward but you’d imagine Fraser out most likely and a replacement in and a midfielder to take Wood’s spot in the squad.

Thats what I think the plan will be.