Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

36 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

It does appear that not all is well at the club at the moment.

Not more the case that we've come to a natural point where these players can't take us any further? All these rumours of players going, reminds me a little when we sold Cole and replaced him with Ferdinand the following summer. I do have faith that the club know what they're doing and will kick on in the summer. 

As someone who doesn’t follow the details and doesn’t have Twitter etc, it feels like one interview followed by some random rumours and one rejected transfer approach. Combined with some bad form. 

But I don’t know, maybe it will turn out to be an issue. 

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

Didn't realise he's no longer  cup-tied and can still play in the champo league for bayern 

How is he not cup tied? 

He's done great job for us but if the rumours are true about his private life then the move could be good for him. I can't see the club blocking the move after all he's done here if that's what he wants and it's financially viable.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

This window ?

Aye still FA cup and Europe to go for, I can see more commercial deals coming off over the next few months to put FFP to bed 

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

And yet yesterday the reports said that the club didn’t want to sell. 

Trying to get the price up. Makes sense to me. Pretty standard procedure.

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

"Newcastle want to sell the player if Bayern makes a good offer"

Feels kind of obvious though, doesn't it? Maybe he knows something, but most people could've made that claim quite comfortably without really knowing stuff.

Edit: I know they reported that he wasn't for sale, but that's rarely true if you get a good offer.

Edited by Erikse

Anyone thinking the club isn’t open to this is naive. Getting £££ for any players over 30 is good business now and what we need. We have the 3rd highest average age of squad:

IMG_5372.thumb.jpeg.92a03b049f19a44b9b732839e3f8c57d.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

I don’t see Bayern offering near to enough for this to be worth our while. It’s a no for me.

What figure would that be. We bought him for £12m if we got more than that for him 2 years later it's a no brainer. 

He could play for another 3 seasons in the German league. Livramento would be keeping him out of our starting line up next season if we bought a lb.

I think we must have a target in sight in a more critical position and trips going is just part of the collateral. I doubt that we would just sell for the sake of it and he is on £140k per week. 

Edited by Gazzaschicken

Fucking hate journalists use of emojis in their tweets, seem like they think it makes them more reliable if the add to it or something. Hope bloody loves doing it and all, the absolute rectangle that he is. 

Thought it was safe to ignore football for the weekend, log on this morning to this.

If he does go (I don't really know what the latest reports are) we will have to replace a captain, a leader, a set piece taker, a creative outlet, a senior pro as well as a very good player (until recently that is).

It does lend credence to the rumours that something has happened recently though. Just an aside, when his form dropped to the ground so did the whole teams. Up to Eddie to fix that.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Fucking hate journalists use of emojis in their tweets, seem like they think it makes them more reliable if the add to it or something. Hope bloody loves doing it and all, the absolute rectangle that he is. 

It's an engagement and human response thing. They might not even want to do it themselves but have been told to, people interact with and have more of an emotional reaction to emojis than they do with words. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Obviously if we get more for him than we paid then it's clealeg a good deal. But he's such an integral part of the team and we're so short on fit players right now it's a big risk for sure. All depends if the money is then spent wisely.

Would be a shame to see him go as I personally would've loved to see him finish his career here but these things don't always go how you'd like.

4 hours ago, jackyboy said:

He's done great job for us but if the rumours are true about his private life then the move could be good for him. I can't see the club blocking the move after all he's done here if that's what he wants and it's financially viable.

What are the rumours? 

I’ve been away with work for a while and can’t find much about it

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

And yet yesterday the reports said that the club didn’t want to sell. 

In fairness, the club will push this line to the local press for any player who large chunks of fans like, even if they were actively trying to shift him on. It just makes for better optics. 

Local press for both clubs are often the least reliable sources in deals like this.