Sven Botman

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Leeds have accepted a bid from Chelsea apparently.

That's fine, we just need to sign whoever in their youth team that is a forrin that's plays the same position so we can be 100% sure he will become one of the best players in the world as the rest seem to. 

47 minutes ago, manorpark said:

As I understand it, that phrase is being used because the actual 'effective date' of the transfer will not be until this Friday, 1st July 2022.

That is because the current accountability period for FFP ends on the 30th June, and wef from 1st July the next period starts.

Could we have loaned him for say £15mill until Friday and then buy him then for the balance thus splitting the fee?

What an exciting fucking signing this is, man. We've had some canny CBs through the years; Colo was mint for a couple years, Lascelles has had his moments, Yanga-Mbiwa was a Pardewed talent, Lejeune, Schar... but, fuck... I've been gasping for another Woodgate ever since the daft Smoggie shite went to Madrid. Be so class if we've picked someone up who's at that level. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Anyone else actually think they’re dreaming? Ashley gone, plans for new training facilities, Bruno, Trippier, Botman all signed?

I know its a cliche but at times it does almost feel like is this really happening

I blame fantasising about this really happening for so long I don't know what's legit and what's dreaming about a post Ashley world after the latest act of sabotage just to keen sane.

Edited by Wolfcastle

9 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I know its a cliche but at times it does almost feel like is this really happening

I blame fantasising about this really happening for so long I don't know what's legit and what's dreaming about a post Ashley world after the latest act of sabotage just to keen sane.

9F2FEF87-6A98-4D2D-BEAF-20248EAB3795.jpeg.db35cd72dec85bec2e2662362cd6a48f.jpeg

6 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

I don't see how that helps from a FPP point of view. FFP is calculated over three years, if anything from a FFP point of view we'd want the first chunk of his fee in the previous year because it would be gone from the calculation a year sooner.

Have to say this is what I thought as well....although I admittedly know fuck al. 

On the flip side could it help Lille from an FFP point of view?  Poasibly one of the complications of the negotiations. 

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Have to say this is what I thought as well....although I admittedly know fuck al. 

On the flip side could it help Lille from an FFP point of view?  Poasibly one of the complications of the negotiations. 

Might not even be ffp - might just be a straight up accountancy decision for all we know.

Is the transfer window even officially open yet for international deals? Maybe it just means it’ll be official on 1st July. Haaland doesn’t join City officially until then iirc, and I doubt their lot are having the same panic :lol:

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Is the transfer window even officially open yet for international deals? Maybe it just means it’ll be official on 1st July. Haaland doesn’t join City officially until then iirc, and I doubt their lot are having the same panic :lol:

That’s what it is I reckon, just read that somewhere else as well.

11 minutes ago, Ikon said:

This slow and worrying shite is awful. 

Based on YouTube comments section at that.  Humour truly scraping the Botman of the barrel. 

Welcome - exciting signing.

Now we just need Eriksen, Diaby and a quality striker O0

Ship out:

Darlow

Clark

Fernandez

Lewis (loan maybe)

Manquillo

Ritchie

Hendrick

Gayle

Wood

Murphy (Anderson comes in)

Matty Longstaff

44 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Anderson really doesn't need to be in the first team yet. 

Regular games in the championship hopefully, preferably an upper table club. 

probably the best strategy for his development

1 hour ago, sugoinufc said:

Welcome - exciting signing.

Now we just need Eriksen, Diaby and a quality striker O0

Ship out:

Darlow

Clark

Fernandez

Lewis (loan maybe)

Manquillo

Ritchie

Hendrick

Gayle

Wood

Murphy (Anderson comes in)

Matty Longstaff

Be lucky to get rid of half of them. Murphy, wood & one of Lewis or manquillo will stay 

Edited by gdm