Sven Botman

The Prophet

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Any chance this magnificent bastard is back for Arsenal?

The way Eddie was talking you’d think not, but you’d also be an idiot to listen to Eddie on injuries.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Fuck sake

We are gonna need to spend some of next summer cash in January if we want to compete this season

I’d argue it depend on where we find ourselves come January. If we are out of Europe and the cup I’d say keep our powder dry till Summer. I also don’t think we are in a position to be able to spend much in January.

Ravaged with injuries but the narrative from the press will be "Eddie Howe on the verge, something, something, something, Bruno won't accept being out the Champions League, blah blah blah".

Just going to have to ignore it and hope the whoppers on Twitter and phone-ins don't rise to the bait.

I really can't see us doing any Saudi league loan's like.  Think that's just media bollocks to stir the pot as usual. Probably more chance of Chelsea signing a few from there on 10 year contracts

Apart from Targett we haven't done a loan deal have we? (Not including Hall)

Just now, jack j said:

I really can't see us doing any Saudi league loan's like.  Think that's just media bollocks to stir the pot as usual. Probably more chance of Chelsea signing a few from there on 10 year contracts

Apart from Targett we haven't done a loan deal have we? (Not including Hall)

Why not?

They aren't transfers, so there isn't anything the league or others can say or do to stop it. We don't have to pay all their wages. We don't need to spend a fee. Get us the 1 or 2 bodies we need in January for a few months. They can do something about it in the summer if they like but we have to press home our advantages.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Why not?

They aren't transfers, so there isn't anything the league or others can say or do to stop it. We don't have to pay all their wages. We don't need to spend a fee. Get us the 1 or 2 bodies we need in January for a few months. They can do something about it in the summer if they like but we have to press home our advantages.

The league can’t stop? Are you sure? :lol:

the league will act much quicker in closing any loop holes we advantage of, we are not ordained and can’t abuse them for so long like Chelsea did. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The league can’t stop? Are you sure? :lol:

the league will act much quicker in closing any loop holes we advantage of, we are not ordained and can’t abuse them for so long like Chelsea did. 

No they've always changed the rules going forward.

And the loan moves are utilised by other clubs. Including some big clubs. What can they do?

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No they've always changed the rules going forward.

And the loan moves are utilised by other clubs. Including some big clubs. What can they do?

They can ban related club loans, who would vote against it? Us, city Brighton? In a way we are doubly screwed if this were to happen as these Saudi clubs are literally owned by PIF at least a tony bloom can do some offshore shenanigans. 

and to add on, remember, the moment we were taken over all form of sponsorship was banned with immediate affect whilst they changed the rules mid season. 

Edited by r0cafella