More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t particularly think it’s right but if sanctions are being put in place with Russia, paying millions to players who will pay big taxes to the Russian government contradicts that.

The whole thing is such a mess. Always the regular folk that have to pay the price for these idiots. 

The governing bodies need to bring some clarity to the whole thing to avoid any confusion.

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Might sound bad but I’m guessing any Russian players bought would pay tax to the Russian government? It’s a massive hornet’s nest.

Wouldn’t they pay tax where the worked, i.e the UK? Though it could be argued if there are sales taxes in Russia like VAT then any spend of his UK earnings there a portion would find its way to the Russian government.

Would be interesting if we did. Every time they triple up on Maxi all we would need to do is switch play to the other side and the opposition would have to sprint over to the other side or their ful back would be isolated.

On 04/05/2022 at 14:12, Emotic said:

Absolutely won't turn my nose up at Richarlison,man. Under Howes coaching and management, and surrounded by positive fellow Brazilians (bring in Paqueta too, while we're at it), and he'd be a top, top forward asset.

I watched a YouTube compilation of Paqueta and he looks mint.  Got to make signing him a priority!!!

I like Targett but if Villa want 15 million for him, long term this lad might represent better value.

Newcastle are ready to offer Atletico Madrid 25m euros (£21m) to acquire Brazil left-back Renan Lodi ahead of Juventus who are also tracking the 24-year-old. (Tutto Mercato - in Italian)

Edited by Whitley mag

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I like Targett but if Villa want 15 million for him, long term this lad might represent better value.

Newcastle are ready to offer Atletico Madrid 25m euros (£21m) to acquire Brazil left-back Renan Lodi ahead of Juventus who are also tracking the 24-year-old. (Tutto Mercato - in Italian)

Seems Lodi has 3 years left so 25m won’t be enough. 

I don´t want to see Lodi signed, have watched him twice live and a few times on TV this season and he is not as good as being made out. He is no better than Matt Targett and there is the addded risk that he might not adapt to the prem. He is not hugely fast and has never nailed his position at Atletico Madrid, always flitting between left back and left wing.

No thanks

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Not a chance we get him for that cheap, looking at 40 million plus imo.

1 hour ago, buzza said:

I don´t want to see Lodi signed, have watched him twice live and a few times on TV this season and he is not as good as being made out. He is no better than Matt Targett and there is the addded risk that he might not adapt to the prem. He is not hugely fast and has never nailed his position at Atletico Madrid, always flitting between left back and left wing.

No thanks

He's an attacking fullback so can play in a back 4 or as wingback in a 3 at the back. I think he has much more potential than targett in an attacking sense. Also, some have suggested Howe will want to play a back 3 at times, Targett doesn't really excel as an attacking wingback which is part of the reason Villa sold him.

Edited by Joey47

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

He's an attacking fullback so can play in a back 4 or as wingback in a 3 at the back. I think he has much more potential than targett in an attacking sense. Also, some have suggested Howe will want to play a back 3 at times, Targett doesn't really excel as an attacking wingback which is part of the reason Villa sold him.

This is a good post and important point. 

we somewhat have to forget this season as fans and back the managers vision. This season was all about survival and playing with our backs to the wall, I expect us to be a lot more expansive and controlling next season and we will likely change shape as well. 

25 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Just because someone plays well on loan, it doesn't mean they should be signed permanently. 

Willock as another example

Everton are prepared to sell Jordan Pickford, 28, to fund a summer rebuild. Tottenham and Newcastle are monitoring the England goalkeeper's situation. (Talksport)

As if we believe anything from Talkshite and more to the point can't see any Toon fans wanting Pickford

As an England fan I like Pickford and as a Newcastle fan I enjoy having a good laugh at him. I think it would be a disastrous signing though; he'd have to have about two full seasons of never making an error to ensure he had enough credit in the bank for it not to all go tits up. His mentality in anything but an England shirt seems very fragile. 

7 minutes ago, wormy said:

To fund a summer rebuild? How much do they expect him to go for??

Paid 30m

If we need a backup - why not just get Strakosha - good solid keeper - free transfer 

Pickford is Englands number 1. We need to put on our big boy pants.

Personally think Eddie Howe would be the perfect manager for Pickford and I've no doubt that he's a class goalkeeper on his day.

He would get booed by a few nuggets on his debut, then the fans would quickly get behind him.

On the other hand, if he's not a significant upgrade on Dubravka, I'd question the worth of outlaying 20m on him or whatever. Seems to me that waiting another year and finding someone different would make more sense.

Pickford is a good keeper in general, but not a good fit for us. His personality doesn't fit in with the character Howe wants. He'd struggle to win over fans, and there will always be a question around his commitment to the club. I'd stay well clear. Can already see the headlines of him caught on social media singing a Sunderland song or wearing a Sunderland shirt or something silly, or getting into trouble with Newcastle fans in a pub/night club :lol: