More transfer rumours

midds

Pickford would be brilliant on so many levels. The Mackem tears, the Macktracking he’d have to do when he signs to grovel to the fans, plus I think he’s a bloody good keeper. One of the best I’ve seen with his feet. He’d also know he’d have to cut out the bullshit that creeps into his game now and again.

Pickford is an ok midtable keeper, that’s it. He has some strengths and some real weaknesses, and overall I don’t see him as better than Dubravka. He’s not the sort of level we should be going for.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

The Mail are claiming Phillips and Raphinha have relegation release clause of circa £30 million. I'd imagine there will be a lot of clubs circling.

My God ... that is an incredible deal for whoever manages to get either at that price, should Leeds go down.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pickford would be brilliant on so many levels. The Mackem tears, the Macktracking he’d have to do when he signs to grovel to the fans, plus I think he’s a bloody good keeper. One of the best I’ve seen with his feet. He’d also know he’d have to cut out the bullshit that creeps into his game now and again.

Really? He's a complete twat and we should do everything in our power to avoid the cunt.

Edited by Menace

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Barca are supposedly keen on Raphina aren’t they? 

Yeah he is their first choice this summer, his agent is Deco as well I think so that will put them in the driving seat 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Toon fans turning their noses up at Pickford, Lingard and Dummit's one year? Gonna be a busy summer for wor Amanda building that 100k seater stadium and buying 25 galaticos.

Lush straw man.

Is not wanting to sign a player for perfectly legitimate reasons, such as wanting to prioritise other potions, being too expensive or having too high wages  or being of similar quality to what we already have, now always considered "turning your nose up"? I get the post above may be tongue in cheek, but seen it loads on social media.

Edited by The Prophet

34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Lush straw man.

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one.

Mine, in this event, is based on views I've actually read. I guess it's a "straw man" post because I can't be arsed to back it up with links. I'm not THAT fussed tho.

I just think the patter's amazing with some kids. Everyone's shit and "we can do better" type crack.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one.

Mine, in this event, is based on views I've actually read. I guess it's a "straw man" post because I can't be arsed to back it up with links. I'm not THAT fussed tho.

I just think the patter's amazing with some kids. Everyone's shit and "we can do better" type crack.

It's a straw man because no one is expecting a team of 25 galaticos.

Signing Pickford would be a waste of resources, given we have other positions that desperately need to be upgraded. On top of that he has well documented issues off the field.

Lingard, I personally don't rate his ability or see where he fits into our squad, but others have been more than enthusiastic.

Dummet is just there to pad out the squad.

Just because I don't want a couple of these players to sign, it doesn't mean that I'm turning my nose up at them or expecting a superstar to sign in their place. Like you say opinions are like arseholes and the merits of all of our potential signings will be debated.