More transfer rumours

midds

I am now hoping Leeds will go down, I really think Phillips would elevate our midfield and be the anchorman in midfield which would allow other to be more creative going forward.

Craig Hope this morning, saying that the club have been very eager to circulate that we've not got a budget of more then £60 million plus player sales. He said it was similar pre-January and his theory is that they're just trying to keep prices down.

Edited by The Prophet

33 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Craig Hope this morning, saying that the club have been very eager to circulate that we've not got a budget of more then £60 million plus player sales. He said it was similar pre-January and his theory is that they're just trying to keep prices down.

Have assumed that the whole time tbh. 

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Yeah that's been bollocks from the get go.

A blind man on a galloping horse can see we're going to be spending more than £60m.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, if nothing else that alleged budget in no way marries up to their ambitions and what they've been telling the new recruits.

There's no way an alleged budget has even been assigned, yet alone circulated. 

Anything made available will be just to keep predator agents at bay until we speak to them and stop them from touting their average players for £40-50M as soon as theres any indication we've even looked at them

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

There's no way an alleged budget has even been assigned, yet alone circulated. 

Anything made available will be just to keep predator agents at bay until we speak to them and stop them from touting their average players for £40-50M as soon as theres any indication we've even looked at them

It definetly sounds like they've been briefing journos based on what Waugh, Edwards and Hope have been saying. It's clearly a tactic.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It definetly sounds like they've been briefing journos based on what Waugh, Edwards and Hope have been saying. It's clearly a tactic.

Of course it is....never tell a seller how much you've got to spend

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

The get out clause if you read a lot of the articles closely is that the budget is based on current commercial deals. I'm sure that will be the "out" to save face for all parties when we spend a lot more than what's being quoted. 

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I’m sure just after the take over I read somewhere that the new owners wanted to trawl the South American market and particularly Brazilians :coolsmiley:

I'm sure I read somewhere it might also have something to do with Brexit too (talking about English football in general), not sure why?

Leeds going down and getting Phillips for his release clause, could probably try and get £5-6m knocked off by throwing in Hayden? They’d have a ready made replacement who should boss the Championship, we have our main target. Everyone wins.

9 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I'm sure I read somewhere it might also have something to do with Brexit too (talking about English football in general), not sure why?

I saw something written in another language that mentioned us and Shakhtar who for a long period of time had a good line on young Brazillian talent. Obviously Ukraine has been a bit of a tough sell for a while now. There's a gap there....

15 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I’m sure just after the take over I read somewhere that the new owners wanted to trawl the South American market and particularly Brazilians :coolsmiley:

Was in the Athletic, in an article that had lots of quotes from 'senior sources', so it's fairly safe to assume Caulkin/Waugh were told this from one of the owners.

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Leeds going down and getting Phillips for his release clause, could probably try and get £5-6m knocked off by throwing in Hayden? They’d have a ready made replacement who should boss the Championship, we have our main target. Everyone wins.

Agreed, Watford should also be signing Hayden as a priority. Great player and character at that level.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

This says we are in for Antony along with Man Utd and Liverpool 

Would love it but he’s already played for Ten Hag so he’s prob Man U bound