More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, madras said:

Dunno, I remember the likes of Kompany and Viera being described as intelligent. Throw in Desailly as well.

After Italia ‘90 with the emergence of Cameroon and then USA ‘94 with Nigeria, there was a kind of a groundswell that it wouldn’t be too long before an African nation won the WC, but even then the general opinion was that African players lacked intelligence and were naive which was racially biased IMO and somewhat racist too. Again, I’ve said it before, I’d rate African players or players of African heritage as up there with the Brazilians as the most skilful, talented and players of genuine flair of any other continent. We have a large African community here in Newcastle and I’d love us to one day have a player represent us from that continent, born here or not, play for us and fucking smash it, hopefully being a selfish little white englander, and also represent the 3 Lions. Imagine a Geordie Mane man for us. Hopefully my son will be that kid one day and if not from what I’ve seen, I guarantee someone will!

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

After Italia ‘90 with the emergence of Cameroon and then USA ‘94 with Nigeria, there was a kind of a groundswell that it wouldn’t be too long before an African nation won the WC, but even then the general opinion was that African players lacked intelligence and were naive which was racially biased IMO and somewhat racist too. Again, I’ve said it before, I’d rate African players or players of African heritage as up there with the Brazilians as the most skilful, talented and players of genuine flair of any other continent. We have a large African community here in Newcastle and I’d love us to one day have a player represent us from that continent, born here or not, play for us and fucking smash it, hopefully being a selfish little white englander, and also represent the 3 Lions. Imagine a Geordie Mane man for us. Hopefully my son will be that kid one day and if not from what I’ve seen, I guarantee someone will!

CbAk5OMWAAU-XdX.png

“African”, it seems to me, always means west African, which may be a little odd. Are Algerians, Moroccans, South Africans subject to the same cliches? I don’t think so.

Also, I have no idea about differences between the game as it is played in Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, etc. There must be. We distinguish between typically English, Dutch, German, and Italian players. Or at least skill sets that are particularly prized by those football cultures.  Probably just my own ignorance.

Edited by gazza ladra

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

That has to have been James?

you were literally the 4th person to reply to that thread so engage your fucking brain (oh sorry forgot you didn’t have one) before you go around slurring people as racist.

Guest HTT II
6 hours ago, Jaqen said:

CbAk5OMWAAU-XdX.png

Someone good at least, although Shola is a good lad!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
6 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

“African”, it seems to me, always means west African, which may be a little odd. Are Algerians, Moroccans, South Africans subject to the same cliches? I don’t think so.

Also, I have no idea about differences between the game as it is played in Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, etc. There must be. We distinguish between typically English, Dutch, German, and Italian players. Or at least skill sets that are particularly prized by those football cultures.  Probably just my own ignorance.

I think people think of Africans mostly from West Africa as you say. My mate who is a Mzungo and born in Kenya, when he tells people he’s African they go whu…

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Probably already posted but the wording was interesting. 

Has he had a bit of a fall from grace? I remember him looking shit-hot a few years ago. I'd be worried he might be what James Rodriguez was for Everton.

1 hour ago, James said:

you were literally the 4th person to reply to that thread so engage your fucking brain (oh sorry forgot you didn’t have one) before you go around slurring people as racist.

I wasn't slurring you as a racist.

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Has he had a bit of a fall from grace? I remember him looking shit-hot a few years ago. I'd be worried he might be what James Rodriguez was for Everton.

Don’t think he’s ever recovered from his ACL injury 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

That sounds like another one that we've held talks about, but there's no concrete interest yet.

We may only want a loan deal for him according to Waugh, may well rule us out altogether if he only wants a permanent move. Unless we can negotiate a loan with obligation 

I would rather an option to buy rather than obligation.

I like Broja but I assume any option to buy will be close to £30m for a striker with 6 EPL goals in 20+ appearances. He wasn't even prolific in Holland.

For comparison - Tammy had torn up the Championship by this point in his development. Had a poor year in the EPL in the following season mind.

10 hours ago, HTT II said:

One of my fave ever comedians :love:

There’s a bit in that clip about Dog the Bounty Hunter, he’s on the Dennis Miller show.. gets me every single time. The man was a genius.

I remember people saying they just needed some quality coaching, but I'm certain they were thinking along the lines of Big Sam.

Was HBA not good enough for you?

12 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

I do think there is something to the racial stereotyping of African players especially. For years there were posts on here about our needing some “black power”. I think that some of posts were tongue-in-cheek, ironically racist, but they were what they were. And the stereotype is lazy. 

The African stereotype appears to me much more prominent and lazy than any others. Perhaps if we saw more Mexican or Korean players we might see something comparable. (And I mean real Mexicans, not “Mexicans”).

that all started when a poster - sicko2ndbest or something - made a thread about needing black power like Portsmouth I think. It was shot down by loads of people and became a forum meme.