More transfer rumours

midds

It's a mistake (an enormous one, imo) if we don't sign a striker or at least another attacker of some description. We have known even during that great run in the second half of last season that we needed a striker in this window. To not sign one and to be relying on Wilson's fitness, which is self harm, makes it a bit of a failure iyam.

I have faith we'll eventually get one though, before anyone tells me to remember Ashley. :lol:

Would be great if we could do a loan for Broja with option/obligation to buy. Even have both - an option that turns into an obligation if certain targets are hit over the season. We've shown that is the type of deal we're happy to do with outgoings (Hayden)

49 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Take away Joelinton and we've already broken our transfer record 4 times within half a year :lol:

We'll probably do it again this window too.

The most important moves are being made off the pitch in anycase, but over the next couole of windows we'll 100% continue to see a dramatic improvement to the squad. Both in purchases, and exsisting players performing beyond what they were previously seemingly capable of.

Four times? Bruno, Wood, Botman and who else?

I'm hoping we're looking at players on their way up and it is going under the media radar. The likes of Bowen and Maddison came from the Championship for <£25m, we'll not get regular PL starters in that price bracket. 

8 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I'm hoping we're looking at players on their way up and it is going under the media radar. The likes of Bowen and Maddison came from the Championship for <£25m, we'll not get regular PL starters in that price bracket. 

Feels like Brennan Johnson would have fitted in perfectly on the right side of our midfield has Forest not got promoted

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think most fans(more so on social media) listened to Stavely say win the league in 5 years and expected us to go big. The owners themselves have probably had their eyes opened since then with just how much of a mess we were in.

Understandably this sort of thing had got fans assuming we would spend silly money, proof is the pudding though and by the end of this window we’ll have a real idea of how far the spending will go in the short-mid term. 

Ownership has done a really good job so far picking up the mess that Ashley left, obviously the bar is set low as everyone was just happy to be rid of Ashley but they have done great PR work getting the fans onside and selling more shirts than we have done since the Bobby years probably. Comments like challenge in 5 years might have been a bit short sighted though.

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Understandably this sort of thing had got fans assuming we would spend silly money, proof is the pudding though and by the end of this window we’ll have a real idea of how far the spending will go in the short-mid term. 

Ownership has done a really good job so far picking up the mess that Ashley left, obviously the bar is set low as everyone was just happy to be rid of Ashley but they have done great PR work getting the fans onside and selling more shirts than we have done since the Bobby years probably. Comments like challenge in 5 years might have been a bit short sighted though.

They didn’t say that though. The 5 years thing. It was always something like 10 years/ long term. I think. Though I’m struggling to find direct quotes. 

39 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Seems like they have gone Scamacca instead of Broja, rather than as well as. 

Last news I seen it was supposedly on the verge of happening.

Shows how much shit is spoken

8 minutes ago, LV said:

They didn’t say that though. The 5 years thing. It was always something like 10 years/ long term. I think. Though I’m struggling to find direct quotes. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10070591/Newcastle-Amanda-Staveley-tells-deal-stunned-football.html

'Do we want to win the Premier League within five to 10 years? Yes. This takeover is hugely transformative.'

11 minutes ago, LV said:

Ahh ok, I’d thought it was 5 years that they had said. 

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They’re in trouble if they don’t make a few good signings. 

TBF Leicester has to be the least glamorous place and club in the PL. 

It’s the same squad that finished 5th twice, won the FA Cup and finished 8th last season despite a ludicrous injury list all season. 

In fact at the moment it’s the first time we’ll have been able to put out best 11 out for about 2.5 years. Let’s not go over the top….

As for least glamorous club. Yeah the glamour clubs like Brentford, Saints, Bournemouth, Palace, Wolves, Brighton and Fulham really outdo us and have players queuing up to wear their shirts ha.

As for us being f******, we’ve invested £100m+ in a training ground, are looking to do the same on a ground redevelopment. On top of backing Rodgers and the inevitable covid impact. 

The owners have continually backed the club and have showed zero signs of stopping that. We are just paying way too much in terms of wages to revenue. 

The new FFP is limited to 90% of revenue, the 80 next year and 70% the year after. We have European aspirations, and to play there we are going to have to reign it in… which then obviously makes it harder to compete. But that’s exactly what hat the super league wazzocks want isn’t it. Guaranteed spots every year. 

14 minutes ago, LV said:

Was just going to say this. She said 5-10 years but everyone seems to have just forgot about the 10 bit.

3 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

It’s the same squad that finished 5th twice, won the FA Cup and finished 8th last season despite a ludicrous injury list all season. 

If it’s the same squad, then it sounds like you’re going backwards rather than looking up, in fairness?