More transfer rumours

midds

26 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

We are paying 35 or just the value?

he says that he’s heard Phillips is going for around £35m but he hasn’t heard us mentioned. He thought City were favourites to get him but he wants guaranteed football. Says he won’t go to Villa.

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I want us to sign Phillips just for the inevitable Chronicle story about 12-year-old Tyler getting excluded from school for copying his haircut.

Barber: "So which Leeds players' haircut did you want again?"

Kid: "Yes"

Stay clear of any Man U player and players from relegated teams. Also, don't sign anyone that wears colourful boots. Has a silly haircut. Has a trademark celebration that last longer than a FIFA one. Refers too their Brand. And certainly no one that listens to more than two podcasts. 

10 hours ago, OCK said:

Stay clear of any Man U player and players from relegated teams. Also, don't sign anyone that wears colourful boots. Has a silly haircut. Has a trademark celebration that last longer than a FIFA one. Refers too their Brand. And certainly no one that listens to more than two podcasts. 

and wears gloves. Don't forget the gloves

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Ramble says we won't make a huge splash this summer. I think Luke/Hope/Douglas are more likely to be right. 

He’s also a bean counter and not a journalist. Nobody knows anything about our budget only the owners. 

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Define splash.

He says it ‘might’ be more prudent to buy 4x 50m players on 100kpw each and save cash for later windows rather than go all out and blow everything. In my eyes, given the last 14 years, a £200m window is still a pretty big ‘splash’!! 💦 

I still think some people are going to be very disappointed by our window. I don't think we will spend quite the sums some think based on how much Howe thinks dressing room unity is important I really don't think he wants to change a huge amount of the squad. The Tarkovski links might be because CB is no longer a priority with Schar and Burn playing perfectly well so makes sense to add depth if we can shift Fernandez and means don't have to spend what it normally costs to get a premier league level defender. Of course I would like a lot of changes, and I really hope certain positions are upgraded. I do doubt the £50m figure, but I don't think it will be thaaat far out.

Don’t think ‘ramble’ will be involved in our transfer discussions 

just a hunch 

he has already pointed out the numbers and what is possible etc 

I don’t think we have a specified budget and we will do deals that come along (and that suits everyone)

At least we know that our new owners will always push to do their best 

that’s all we can ask for 

9 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Ramble says we won't make a huge splash this summer. I think Luke/Hope/Douglas are more likely to be right. 

He literally talks about us spending 200m? 

36 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I still think some people are going to be very disappointed by our window. I don't think we will spend quite the sums some think based on how much Howe thinks dressing room unity is important I really don't think he wants to change a huge amount of the squad. The Tarkovski links might be because CB is no longer a priority with Schar and Burn playing perfectly well so makes sense to add depth if we can shift Fernandez and means don't have to spend what it normally costs to get a premier league level defender. Of course I would like a lot of changes, and I really hope certain positions are upgraded. I do doubt the £50m figure, but I don't think it will be thaaat far out.

We brought in 5 and improved the unity 

we will be losing at least 5 (so will need to replace) 

Doesn’t have to be crazy money , but we need 5 new faces 

Edited by JonBez comesock

Still think it'll be 4-5 in and shifting loads of the deadwood. I think only one or two of those will be of Bruno quality. It wouldn't suprise me to see something like: Henderson, Targett, Paqueta, a right winger (can't think of one off the tipnof ny head) and Ekitike.

Edited by The Prophet

15 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I think they meant relative to what people expect (500m+). I still believe that the club is going to spend something between 150m-250m.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Still think it'll be 4-5 in and shifting loads out the deadwood. I think only one or two of those will be of Bruno quality. It wouldn't suprise me to see something like: Henderson, Targett, Paqueta, a right winger (can't think of one off the tipnof ny head) and Ekitike.

That's still comfortably over 100 million

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He says it ‘might’ be more prudent to buy 4x 50m players on 100kpw each and save cash for later windows rather than go all out and blow everything. In my eyes, given the last 14 years, a £200m window is still a pretty big ‘splash’!! 💦 

It’s a fucking tsunami compared to Ashley’s scrimping. £200m would be comparable to when Man City went out and bought their full back line and Bernardo for £40m a pop (Walker 50m, Mendy 50m Ederson 30m, Danilo 30m) in 2017.