More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, madras said:

What I mean is if he plays a 10, we go 442/4231/4411 and I don't think Saint Max has the discipline to do that defensively. As it is he's covered by Joe, with another more central player he'll have to do more of it himself.

Paqueta would slot in perfectly on the right side of the midfield 3 in a 433 imo, with Joelinton on the left doing ASM's defensive work. Likewise in the 4231 variant I'd see Joelinton on the left of the 2 covering for ASM. We'll see though I guess. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Paqueta would slot in perfectly on the right side of the midfield 3 in a 433 imo, with Joelinton on the left doing ASM's defensive work. Likewise in the 4231 variant I'd see Joelinton on the left of the 2 covering for ASM. We'll see though I guess. 

It's possible, I just don't think it would get the best from Paqueta, I'm also supposing we get a DM.

See what happens with a bit ambition, we are building formations heavily based on 2 players we don't have.......happy days.:D

Isn’t Bruno essentially excelling in the Paqueta role for us?

I wouldn’t want to lose his goal threat that he seems to have developed with us by pushing him back more defensively. 

Let’s get an actual DM for that maybe. 

Happy to be convinced that they would work in midfield together though as I really rate Paqueta 

I think Bruno will end up playing deeper and just making forward runs as and when we have secure possession. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t buy a dedicated DM. But whoever we do buy needs athleticism and a bit of bite, so that overall 3 has enough about them to compete against anyone. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think Bruno will end up playing deeper and just making forward runs as and when we have secure possession. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t buy a dedicated DM. But whoever we do buy needs athleticism and a bit of bite, so that overall 3 has enough about them to compete against anyone. 

That's my thing though, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a 3. Either a 4 or a double pivot.

Not totally convinced we need a dedicated DM tbh. I think it's definitely a case of needing Bruno, Joelinton, +1, but both Bruno and Joelinton are quite versatile in the way they play. Bruno can break things up, carry the ball, play key passes, and be a goal threat, as can Joelinton minus the goal threat. Is it not possible that we might look for another player in a similar vain, where we have 3 midfielders who can all do a bit of everything? Similar to Liverpool. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Not totally convinced we need a dedicated DM tbh. I think it's definitely a case of needing Bruno, Joelinton, +1, but both Bruno and Joelinton are quite versatile in the way they play. Bruno can break things up, carry the ball, play key passes, and be a goal threat, as can Joelinton minus the goal threat. Is it not possible that we might look for another player in a similar vain, where we have 3 midfielders who can all do a bit of everything? Similar to Liverpool. 

I'm not convinced we need one either but if the links with the likes of Philips and Bissouma are to be believed.......

Just now, madras said:

I'm not convinced we need one either but if the links with the likes of Philips and Bissouma are to be believed.......

Definitely, but then Paqueta too who would be another one who seems to be really versatile. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I’d definitely prefer that as I wouldn’t want to lose Bruno’s goals by having him dropping back to be the anchor 

1 minute ago, LV said:

I’d definitely prefer that as I wouldn’t want to lose Bruno’s goals by having him dropping back to be the anchor 

I think one or two of his goals have come when he’s been playing the deeper role. I remember Howe commenting with a smile on one of them ‘I don’t even know what he’s doing there’ (so high up the pitch).

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

The perfect solution would be Ruben Neves tbh - deep lying playmaker that can do the dirty work but also chip in going forward and score some worldies on top

His lack of pace would put me off I think. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

His lack of pace would put me off I think. 

Seriously?! The guy is absolutely class!

Our player of the season and new Brazilian star are hardly racehorses and they're tearing shit up. As long as we've got pace at fullback and in the forward positions I think it would work a treat.

We wont get him mind, i was just highlighting the mould of player i think we should be after

23 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I think one or two of his goals have come when he’s been playing the deeper role. I remember Howe commenting with a smile on one of them ‘I don’t even know what he’s doing there’ (so high up the pitch).

Yep, when Bruno plays at the base of a three he’s still ended up scoring a few goals. He doesn’t really sit as an anchor at all. He doesn’t need to because our CBs tend to play very aggressively and step into midfield to follow players and make challenges/interceptions.

I would like Phillips so that Bruno can play higher, but if not I’m also very comfortable with Bruno at the base and having two forward runners in front of him.

Edited by Smal