More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, reefatoon said:

I'd be over the moon with a similar window to January. Good solid players with the right character.

I think for the next stage we need more Bruno quality signings. A similar window might have us looking at a more comfortable and sustained 8-10th place challenge but think the owners will be looking upwards.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ekitike has been linked to so many clubs. Off the top of my head I've seen him linked to: NUFC, Liverpool, Dortmund, Arsenal, Brentford, PSG

15 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Ekitike has been linked to so many clubs. Off the top of my head I've seen him linked to: NUFC, Liverpool, Dortmund, Arsenal, Brentford, PSG

West Ham were our main rival in Jan for him.

No doubt agent speaking to many, player will make up his mind. For once I am fairly relaxed, if he doesn't want to play for us fine we will find somewhere else. Under Ashley one player says no it was well 'at least we tried'

Edited by Tiresias

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

No doubt agent speaking to many, player will make up his mind. For once I am fairly relaxed, if he doesn't want to play for us fine we will find somewhere else. Under Ashley one player says no it was well 'at least we tried'

Aye, I think we're pretty much in the dark about who we'll be targeting. Ekitike would make sense, given we tried to sign him in January, but it's time to relax and enjoy the ride.

Quick line on Kamara, a guy on TalkSPORT who does the foreign leagues round up (I missed the start so didn’t catch his name) said we haven’t been in for Kamara since Bruce was here and our interest pretty much dropped there after.

A (now deleted) Tweet on the Twitter Nonsense thread mentioned Ricardo Horta from Braga. I'd like the idea of us going after Horta and Jack Harrison - underrated players who've flown under the radar despite very decent stats. They won't cost the earth and can be Eddie Howe'd into becoming stars. Braga is slightly older at 27 though.

8 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

West Ham offer Ashley prices for all targets.

Well, they’ve offered Declan Rice £200kpw to stay, so I think they’ve got vastly different ideas than Ashley tbh

Just now, Manxst said:

Well, they’ve offered Declan Rice £200kpw to stay, so I think they’ve got vastly different ideas than Ashley tbh

In fairness they probably offered him it knowing full well he was never signing it 

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Quick line on Kamara, a guy on TalkSPORT who does the foreign leagues round up (I missed the start so didn’t catch his name) said we haven’t been in for Kamara since Bruce was here and our interest pretty much dropped there after.

This is what makes me think we see Bruno as a deeper-lying player. Also how he was used after Shelvey dropped out of the team. 

31 minutes ago, Emotic said:

A (now deleted) Tweet on the Twitter Nonsense thread mentioned Ricardo Horta from Braga. I'd like the idea of us going after Horta and Jack Harrison - underrated players who've flown under the radar despite very decent stats. They won't cost the earth and can be Eddie Howe'd into becoming stars. Braga is slightly older at 27 though.

Horta is a lovely little player. Agree completely (especially if we are indeed hamstrung by FFP) this is a very sensible approach.