More transfer rumours

midds

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I wonder if we don’t get Eriksen then we don’t bother going for another CM, got a feeling we are in for him because he’s on a free and it would represent a great deal.

I think we'll sign one CM at most. We've already got Bruno, Joelinton, Shelvey then Willock (who I think could develop) and Longstaff (who's just signed a new deal).

Eriksen would be a massive coup. Obviously he's a brilliant player but you know whoever gets him has beaten off multiple other PL teams & it'll be a statement for whichever club that is.

26 minutes ago, gdm said:

Wraith (I know I know) had Ben Jacobs on his YouTube show and I just dipped in and out. Says we’ll table a 35m big for diaby to test the water and he’s been told he is interested in coming to newcastle and also later on he says it’s about 50/50 on Eriksen as we are one of 5 clubs in for him 

possibly a lot of shite but thought I’d pass it on as there’s no much else going on 

If Diaby really is interested then we have to sack off Ekitike, add that £20m or so to whatever our budget is for a RW and throw it at Leverkusen.

Whether or not he comes to us, or indeed if there's even a chance of that, I'm glad he's said fuck off to Man Utd. He can do better than going to them arseholes. 

And I'd really question anyone going to play for Frank Lampard at Everton over us, like. 

Feel like it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he fancies being part of what we're building. 

44 minutes ago, gdm said:

Wraith (I know I know) had Ben Jacobs on his YouTube show and I just dipped in and out. Says we’ll table a 35m big for diaby to test the water and he’s been told he is interested in coming to newcastle and also later on he says it’s about 50/50 on Eriksen as we are one of 5 clubs in for him 

possibly a lot of shite but thought I’d pass it on as there’s no much else going on 

I had the first half hour of this on in the background as well. To elaborate on this, he said:

Diaby is a priority, but we're in no rush as we believe it'll take a fair bit of time and a few bids fo complete. He thinks we'll open with £35 million to see what's realistic, but he thinks Bayer will accept something around £50 million including add-ons. Contrary to other journos, he thinks the player is interested.

He said that the Ekitike deal is on the ropes. The player's agent keeps moving the goal posts (he didn't say how) and there is now genuine interest from PSG who may well hijack the deal.

We looked at Richarlison, but he's not interested. We also hold an interest in DCL, but it's nothing more at the moment. Osimhen will stay in Italy this year.

Edited by The Prophet

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Skybet got him as 16/1 to sign for us now🙄 bit of a change from the headline changes of 3/1 the other day

Bent bastards

U have a right downer on skybet :lol: I had a look at most bookies came in to line at 3/1 I think betvictor when had it at 11/8 at one point 

Edited by gdm

Yeah sky had us as 3/2 for a few hours. Bale was odds on to go to Cardiff 2 days ago and Paqueta is still odds on to come to us.

Bookies lines are deceiving as a fake report can bring the line down but a sudden shift can mean something is in the works.

UK betting is manipulated a bit by what Sky push out though.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Eriksen and Diaby would be immense, like.

I'd just take Diaby thanks. I was never sure what positon Eriksen played even before his heath issues. Fabulous talent though.

This is crazy. We've spent 170m across a January window and just over two weeks of the summer window, and you have to imagine there's more to come further up the pitch.

We're going big.

Quick edit : I just thought I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is more than  Ashley laid out on the team in his time when you take into account all the profit he made on players. Someone should look that up!

Edited by BonesJones

1 hour ago, TheHoob said:

Eriksen would be top of my wishlist for this summer like, partly possibly because I know fuck all about pretty much any players in Europe tbf [emoji38]

I’ve heard (60 seconds ago rattling through my empty mind…) that he’s a Mad LKF ( Last Kingdom Fan) and is planning on buying/living in Bamburgh Castle. Destiny is all 🇩🇰 

27 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

This is crazy. We've spent 170m across a January window and just over two weeks of the summer window, and you have to imagine there's more to come further up the pitch.

We're going big.

Quick edit : I just thought I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is more than  Ashley laid out on the team in his time when you take into account all the profit he made on players. Someone should look that up!

My first Google result was an article from the Shields Gazette, said we had net spend of £177m under Ashley. 

If we can get Eriksen I think we’ve a top 7 challenging first XI. Obviously another winger would be nice but I think the current wingers will do better if they’ve got Bruno & Eriksen providing them with service, as well as Botman & Schar playing out from the back rather than hoofball. Add a winger to Eriksen and if we get lucky with injuries we could upset the top 6.

Depending on what Chelsea do, you never know. :lol:

Think Liverpool, Man City and Spurs are out of reach but there’s nothing about Arsenal & Man Utd that makes me think if we recruit well, hit the ground running and get lucky with injuries that we’ll not give it a try. 

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Bruno's agent in Newcastle. Wasn't he on a flight with Mehrdad recently?

FWNnYXhWQAEMl8b.jpeg.jpg

Nothing in this, he currently lives in Newcastle, moved here for his home base to help Bruno settle in and help him look for a home.

He said he’d stay for 1 year.