More transfer rumours

midds

Will this terrible pundemic never end?

Transfer wise, I'd be delighted with most of the names mentioned here. Almost every one is an upgrade on at least someone in the squad.

I'd be very excited with Ekitike, even though he might be a gamble to see if suited the PL. It's mainly just good to be able to have some chips on the table for a change.

8 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

You pay a premium for a player who is a known quantity though.

I'm a fan of Phillips but let's assume he is just above average. Anyone we bring in from abroad at <£10m is going to be a risk, will they adapt to the PL, will they need 6+ months to get used to the pace of the game, how will they settle in England etc. Wheras with Phillips we can just slot him right in there next to Bruno and you know exactly what he is going to do and exactly what his floor is. Obviously we're then hoping that Howe can work a little bit of magic on him too.

Give me him over any sub-£10m DM from elsewhere and I'd be happy.

I think that's fair, no arguments from me.

2 hours ago, Gaztoon said:

Who the feck wouldn't want to play infront of that crowd..

Heck of an advert for potential signings man. What a way to sign off before the summer. So perfect.

Our apparent Champions League aspirations (confirmed by Bruno) and rumours of only spending £90m don't add up. It can only really be one or the other.

If we want a top keeper, we'll have to fork out big money.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

This says we are in for Antony along with Man Utd and Liverpool 

Love that we're just signing a load of Brazilians :lol: 

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This says we are in for Antony along with Man Utd and Liverpool 

It also says that he’s prefer to go to the first two (Liverpool/Man Utd), sadly. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

It also says that he’s prefer to go to the first two (Liverpool/Man Utd), sadly. 

I’m always pretty confident under these owners that if we are in for a player or have bid for a player then it’s because they know he’s wanting to make the move. Not saying we will get this lad, but if we make a serious offer it’s because we know he wants the move.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Would make sense for him to follow Ten Hag in theory I guess. 

Based on pure talent Antony must be up there with the best young players in the world.

How reliable is this Journo? He's the same one that's recently said we're signing Lodi right?

Just now, Joey47 said:

Would make sense for him to follow Ten Hag in theory I guess. 

Based on pure talent Antony must be up there with the best young players in the world.

How reliable is this Journo? He's the same one that's recently said we're signing Lodi right?

Different journalist I think