More transfer rumours

midds

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't know. I suspect its something and nothing.

I'm 100% certain that he would join us and I'm 100% certain we can afford him but I just don't think Eddie will sign players just because they are mates with other players.

Maybe it will happen, but I don't think it's conclusive.

Sure we went for him before Bruno and he wasn't keen. Guess he's a bit keener now. 

Guest reefatoon
21 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

You don’t know who he is? He was the best keeper in the world just two or three years ago. Last I heard he was having a bad season though. So not sure how I’d rate him currently.

The last 14 years didn’t just kill my love for Newcastle, it also killed any interest I had in football. Just stopped watching games, so I’m now on catch up and trying to fathom out who the hell all these players are.

Really interested/excited to see what we do in the summer. I think we'll probably see 4-5 new faces, with 1-2 of those being of Bruno calibre and others being steady improvements.

I'm not convinced we'll go massive on a striker either. I could see us going for someone like Ekitike and going big on Paqueta or a right winger.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Really interested/excited to see what we do in the summer. I think we'll probably see 4-5 new faces, with 1-2 of those being of Bruno calibre and others being steady improvements.

I'm not convinced we'll go massive on a striker either. I could see us going for someone like Ekitike and going big on Paqueta or a right winger.

If he's going with a definite back 4 and a single striker then it's difficult to imagine Wilson being 'the one'. We could upgrade all positions tbh and it'll be a case of who's available and adding 4 quality players to the first team depending on availability and price. Having that 5 in between the back 4 and the single striker gives Howe loads of options - 2 holding and 3 supporting, 3 central and 2 very wide, another bank of 4 with a 10 etc. 

Just can't see Howe building it all around Wilson. He'll be first off the bench in at least 25 games imo. 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

If he's going with a definite back 4 and a single striker then it's difficult to imagine Wilson being 'the one'. We could upgrade all positions tbh and it'll be a case of who's available and adding 4 quality players to the first team depending on availability and price. Having that 5 in between the back 4 and the single striker gives Howe loads of options - 2 holding and 3 supporting, 3 central and 2 very wide, another bank of 4 with a 10 etc. 

Just can't see Howe building it all around Wilson. He'll be first off the bench in at least 25 games imo. 

Very true. I guess it depends how much they're planning on spending and how many positions they want to address. A top quality striker is going to blow a serious hole in the budget whenever they choose to bite the bullet.

34 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

I think we just go all out for Pacqueta. He’s world class and even just 1 signings improves us massively and with a good core we have right now, if we signed just him in the summer id be buzzing.

I'd be buzzing with his signing also.

But all my Summer is going to be looking at transfer gossip and news, be a bit of a damp squib if we only sign one player.

8 new players please barkeep! :smug:

How many of our January signings were actually picked up by journos from the off? Trippier was pretty widely reported and Wood was picked up by Edward pretty quickly. They didn't have a clue about Bruno or Burn from what I recall.

Love Howe but his recent quotes regarding the summer window and  upcoming season aren’t exactly inspirational.

- Not a huge war-chest; have to be creative with who we can buy.

- Improving bit by bit

- Hopeful of a good cup run.

- Premier League is very difficult, just want to improve

- Need to get new revenue streams

All sensible stuff tbf, but I guess I was more looking for kind of an ambitious statement of intent/ battle cry for the new season. Spending about 100m or less- which he seems to be intimating is the case- won’t see us making any significant progress imo. 

Bamford and Wilson battling it out seems like a decent option if it means we can spend more in other positions. I mean we’ll have to hope they’re not injured at the same time obviously.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Love Howe but his recent quotes regarding the summer window and  upcoming season aren’t exactly inspirational.

- Not a huge war-chest; have to be creative with who we can buy.

- Improving bit by bit

- Hopeful of a good cup run.

- Premier League is very difficult, just want to improve

- Need to get new revenue streams

All sensible stuff tbf, but I guess I was more looking for kind of an ambitious statement of intent/ battle cry for the new season. Spending about 100m or less- which he seems to be intimating is the case- won’t see us making any significant progress imo. 

He ain’t going to come out and say yeah we are going to spend 200 million though is he ?