More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, midds said:

That was the joke ;)

I kinda believe part of the reason we could never sell him was that compilation. Game over if any club was doing some Dennis Wise scouting.

Can anyone see us going the route of signing say two strikers like Gouiri and Ekitike for say something like 40m instead of spunking 70m+ on one striker. Mostly because this is our first summer window and we might struggle to attract the likes of Osimhen or Nunez right now. I’m also not convinced by Nunez. It would also give us money over to use for other positions. 

I kind of like the thought of going this route. We would spread our risks and still be able to start Wilson when fit. Gouiri for example is a player that can play both centrally as well as a wide forward. I think Gouiri will go on to big things in the next few years after a serious injury that he has now overcome it seems. Gouiri and Ekitike would give us both versatility and depth. I would love us to get someone like Osimhen but can’t see it. We need more depth up front. Also get rid of Wood if possible.

Personally I wouldn’t mind doing it this way. Probably more of a personal choice than what the club will do mind. With the right people around with real knowledge and equipment then maybe Wilson can stay fit slightly more often. He is class imo. 

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Now this is one that I'd like us to look at.

Richarlson is in a similar bracket to ASM as in his value to his current club, both in terms of his on pitch performance and the symbolism wrapped up in him, means he would cost far more than he's worth. He'd definitely improve our team but we'd pay way over the odds to get him.

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

Richarlison’s antics would annoy the life out of me

This. Anyone endorsing Richarlison is clearly not a regular match going fan. He’d be hounded out by January with his antics. He’s much worse than ASM and the crowd are already turning on him as the team improves around him. Can’t comment what they were like with him in the Bruce era but seemed more supportive when watching on the TV.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

This. Anyone endorsing Richarlison is clearly not a regular match going fan. He’d be hounded out by January with his antics. He’s much worse than ASM and the crowd are already turning on him as the team improves around him. Can’t comment what they were like with him in the Bruce era but seemed more supportive when watching on the TV.

He’s a much better player than ASM. He has more end product for a start.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s a much better player than ASM. He has more end product for a start.

I’m talking about his antics. He’s a disgrace TBH. There is an art to buying a foul and there is just out and out clear cheating and flouncing about. Our fans wouldn’t like it ?

Guest HTT II

ASM gets a few groans, but he is by and large largely supported as are all of the players these days, let’s not make it out like he’s some boo boy because he’s not.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’m talking about his antics. He’s a disgrace TBH. There is an art to buying a foul and there is just out and out clear cheating and flouncing about. Our fans wouldn’t like it ?

Yet Almiron seems fairly well liked? 

Guest HTT II

Richarlison would be taken to in the same way he is by Everton fans, anyone who gives their all, which he does, will be OK’d…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

ASM gets a few groans, but he is by and large largely supported as are all of the players these days, let’s not make it out like he’s some boo boy because he’s not.

Not sure how often you are going these days Chris but he gets dogs abuse from fans when I’ve been during Howe and that’s been in the more supportive Strawberry Corner area by and large.

Some fans have picked up on this recently and started to get his chant going but there’s been a shift of love post Bruno and a lot of frustration shown if a move comes to nothing.

Guest HTT II
Just now, LFEE said:

Not sure how often you are going these days Chris but he gets dogs abuse from fans when I’ve been during Howe and that’s been in the more supportive Strawberry Corner area by and large.

Some fans have picked up on this recently and started to get his chant going but there’s been a shift of love post Bruno and a lot of frustration shown if a move comes to nothing.

To be fair to you, I don’t go to any games, but my mate has an ST with his kids and says he’s regularly supported, I guess he does divide opinions as evidenced on here… 

19 minutes ago, LFEE said:

People may disagree with me on this but I actually love players who piss off opposition teams and opposition fans. Like, yeah he's a cunt but he's our cunt.

Richarlison is probably the player loved most by everton fans as well. His work rate is up there with the best in the league, as well as his will to win. He only does this stuff to help his team have a better chance of winning. He also probably takes battles with other players personally and gets triggered, but even then he's always smart in his shithousery and he wouldn't be on the pitch doing brainless shit like a mitrovic for example.

Personally I'd absolutely love it if we signed Richarlison, even if he has pissed me off massively watching him playing against us or watching him as a neutral.

Edit: Just to add, if his antics is the main reason people don't want him here that says a lot. Nobody is questioning his ability or talent as a football player and his work rate and will to win is top tier.

Edited by Joey47

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

To be fair to you, I don’t go to any games, but my mate has an ST with his kids and says he’s regularly supported, I guess he does divide opinions as evidenced on here… 

Family enclosure possibly? Kids like the tricks n flicks. I like ASM and he’s still the only play we have when he gets the ball he gets you out of your seat to use an old cliche. The crowd turn into a vipers nest when he stays sat on the ground looking for a foul then slow to get back onside. Richarlison is next level. Like Suarez without his genius ability. Personally think he’s being overrated in all these recent comments. Bellamy by the way was a lot more honest in his play and wouldn’t compare them at all in that way. Work rate possibly but Bellamy’s play was very unselfish whereas with Richarlison it seems all about him.

Whoever compared Almiron’s behaviour to Richarlison’s ?

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He’s dragged Everton out of relegation. Is a Brazil regular and never in a jot of trouble off the pitch. Can’t say he lacks heart either. I’d love him here.

Is he not one of the reasons they were in a relegation battle in the first place?

42 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is anywhere other than .com keeping a proper track on rumours this silly season?

.com tends to be the best place I've found to be honest.

Though was thinking if it would be an idea to create a "Summer 2022 Transfer tracker" thread to be stickied.

Happy to create one.

19 minutes ago, 54 said:

.com tends to be the best place I've found to be honest.

Though was thinking if it would be an idea to create a "Summer 2022 Transfer tracker" thread to be stickied.

Happy to create one.

Would be amazing and was thinking about it last week. This thread seems to get at least 10 new pages any time I'm away from the forum and the .com rumours page just has way too many names to have any idea what's serious.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

He's absolutely loved by Everton fans, mind. His workrate is brilliant and he fights for everything. He'd be a fan favourite I'm sure. 

ASM gets abuse much more because of his laziness, selfishness and taking about 10 minutes to get up after he goes down. Not that I agree with it.