More transfer rumours

midds

I'm liking these recent rumours of Diaby, Paqueta and Isaak. That's some serious talent and I'd go as far as to say if we only got ONE of those 3 I'd be over the moon. In fact I think getting 2 is almost unimaginable and all 3 I think is virtually impossible.

Paqueta would still be my preference but arguably Diaby is the position we need to fill more urgently and Isaak is perhaps the one with most potential. Hence why I'd be pleased with any of them.

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Would rather 2 good purchases than one really expensive, relatively high risk one. 

Disagree, if it came to it I'd rather have Isak, Diaby or Paqueta rather than Cornet and Dennis for example. The latter will need replacing in a couple if years.

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Would rather 2 good purchases than one really expensive, relatively high risk one. 

Id agree in most circumstances. Although there would be some caveats. For example if the choice was to loan a player like Broja and get Harrison say in permanently or just to go big and get one of Diaby/Paqueta/Isaak then I think I would choose the single big ticket player in that case. 

Yeah spend our remaining transfer budget on Isak, get to a new season and then splurge our next 100m “war-chest” on another 2 young superstars (preferably a cm and a real RW). Seems sensible. 

Edited by McCormick

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Id agree in most circumstances. Although there would be some caveats. For example if the choice was to loan a player like Broja and get Harrison say in permanently or just to go big and get one of Diaby/Paqueta/Isaak then I think I would choose the single big ticket player in that case. 

Yeah, I think the club would too, after seeing the impact Bruno had, besides most of the other signings have been good solid team players, and so makes sense we are now looking at the higher profile targets. We got one already in midfield in Bruno, one in defence in Botman, and now we need one either up front or out wide at the top end of the pitch.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Interesting use of wording in Luke's last tweet there. "Thrashed out". Wonder if there is a split in strategy somewhere. 

Do you honestly really think that Edwards has got any insight into what's happening with top level discussions on transfers?

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Disagree, if it came to it I'd rather have Isak, Diaby or Paqueta rather than Cornet and Dennis for example. The latter will need replacing in a couple if years.

I think you’ve just changed my opinion. I think it’s all the budget on Isak that seemed daft to me as he’d be competing with Wilson who’s one of our strongest players. 

I think if it was for Paqueta or Diaby I’d be all for it .

Re: outgoings

I don’t think it’s quite sinking in with a lot of folks here, the situation we’re in w/r/t outgoing transfers. We’re simply not going to receive fees for most of the players we’re looking to move on. The priority is to make space in the squad, not to generate additional funds.

We’re essentially going to be paying for a “ghost” player comprised of the loan fees and salaries that we’re paying for other clubs to get these players out of the squad.

Isak over Broja any day he could be a superstar, but my god only Luke Edwards could make the club considering a transfer record bid sound depressing. The cunt wants to stay off the drink or get booked in for some counselling.

Edited by Whitley mag

Pope, Botman, Isak and Hudson-Odoi would be an absolutely farcical window. :lol: On paper probably our most ambitious since the 05/06 shitshow with Owen, Luque, Parker and Emre? Suppose you could count 15/16 but that was obviously completely flawed. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Pope, Botman, Isak and Hudson-Odoi would be an absolutely farcical window. :lol: On paper probably our most ambitious since the 05/06 shitshow with Owen, Luque, Parker and Emre? Suppose you could count 15/16 but that was obviously completely flawed. 

Farcical in a good way i'm guessing? :lol: 

Just now, 54 said:

Farcical in a good way i'm guessing? :lol: 

Yeah! Compared to what's preceded it, it would be absolutely absurd. :lol:

Scraping around will-we-won't-we-ing over loans for Hamza Choudury, to: two full England internationals, three of the highest-rated young players in Europe and a scattering of solid and ambitious signings around the rest of the team. 

All still feels a bit surreal, really. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Isak would be an upgrade on Miggy and Fraser but probably not as much as we think or hope he would, he loses the ball an awful lot.

He’s not a wide player though? He’s a centre forward who likes to drop deep and link play. He’d be a hell of an upgrade on both Miggy and Frasers scoring stats, irrespective of whether he loses the ball now and again. 

really don't get why people are desperate for a striker. we know for a fact our first choice RW options are nowhere near good enough.

however likely it is, we don't know for a fact Wilson will get crocked. if it was a case of one or the other, I'd much rather gamble on Wilson staying fit than on Almiron or Fraser producing enough.