More transfer rumours

midds

Shelvey was pretty good in most games under Howe. His reputation of being shite, lazy and not being able to maintain form probably meant he didn't get as much credit as he probably deserved. 

Definitely a position that needs upgraded but if they think they can get another season out of him like that again it's probably not viewed as a priority.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Shelvey was pretty good in most games under Howe. His reputation of being shite, lazy and not being able to maintain form probably meant he didn't get as much credit as he probably deserved. 

Definitely a position that needs upgraded but if they think they can get another season out of him like that again it's probably not viewed as a priority.

And it'll be a season as back up imo anyway.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone seen much of this lad ?

Very lively. As a back-up to Wilson he’d be a really decent pick-up and seemingly the kind of profile we’re looking at. Would have preferred him to Ekitike just because he seems more physically ready for the PL than Hugo does. 

Edited by McCormick

4 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

He was much improved, but his numbers show that he was still a weak link in the side. I'm suprised a CM and RW weren't the top priorities coming into the summer, but I trust Howe.

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He was much improved, but his numbers show that he was still a weak link in the side. I'm suprised a CM and RW weren't the top priorities coming into the summer, but I trust Howe.

Maybe they are, just other deals were easier to do at an earlier time. Don’t necessarily work down your priority list like that. 

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Maybe they are, just other deals were easier to do at an earlier time. Don’t necessarily work down your priority list like that. 

I agree, it was more that there's speculation that CM isn't a priority.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

No need to worry - we're definitely only signing a young prospect to be backup to Wilson - your words. 

You are just an argumentative wee lad aren’t you :lol: bit early for the ‘I told you so’ we haven’t even bid and who knows albeit unlikely as he hasn’t played there much but howe might see him playing on the right. 

Edited by gdm

For me the issues isn't Isak its just use of budget. I think a RW is the absolute priority followed by back up for Wilson. If I'm paying 50m for a player I want them starting every game.

Based on YouTube clips Kalimuendo looks like a great prospect, two-footed although clearly more dominant on his right, got pace, strength, can pick a pass. Not sure why PSG would be looking to sell him but never actually seen him live when he was loaned out to Lens 

Depending on what formation we will play I’d just spunk the money on one of Matheus Nunes, Fofana or Paqueta or similar, and then try and loan CHO and a striker loan to compete or be backup to CW. Then go big for a striker and another winger later when there might be more options available and us hopefully be even more attractive. Unless we are prepared to spend tons of money then sure, get Isak or whoever and a Diaby of some kind :lol: 

I think that ONE quality midfielder along with a winger and backup striker on loan could get us pretty far. 

28 minutes ago, gdm said:

You are just an argumentative wee lad aren’t you :lol: bit early for the ‘I told you so’ we haven’t even bid and who knows albeit unlikely as he hasn’t played there much but howe might see him playing on the right. 

Yeah but there is no definite about it. You quoted me as if it's a fact when you were just talking shite [emoji38]

Wilson is old, Wilson is injury prone, we have ambitions of playing European football (therefore more games).

There is plenty of game time to go around for Wilson and Isak if he signs.

Stop assuming we won't sign someone to play RW.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yeah but there is no definite about it. You quoted me as if it's a fact when you were just talking shite [emoji38]

I never say anything as fact always just my opinion. If you took it like that that’s your problem not mine 

Speaking to GMS, Dean Jones said: “It sounds like a lot of work is going on at Newcastle this week. We know about the Diaby and [Dominic] Calvert-Lewin links, but I think they are talking to agents about someone else significant right now.

“It’s a mystery who it is. I’m trying to work it out, but from talking to a few people, it feels like something is going on.”

Isak he is talking about?

4 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

If we got Isak and someone like Hudson-Odoi on loan, I think we’ve had an excellent window. Then in January or next summer we can go big on wingers and another CM.

Id be happy with this for sure.

But my preference is a top quality winger who can also play as a striker if/ when Wilson gets injured, as they would also hopefully be contributing goals as a winger.

Trouble is I’m not sure that top quality player exists who is both within our budget, available and wants to come here. 

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

Totally agree with this. He looked a totally different player. With his range of passing and better players around him I think he can definitely still play a decent role next year. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Can someone who has decent knowledge of Isak please convince me?

Not seen the lad play but want to be excited.

Go back a few pages as a couple posters have already commented on his playstyle, etc. Or just watch him ballin' out on YT.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

We've currently got Chris Wood as backup to Wilson, Isak is regarded as one of the most talented young forwards in Europe and is rated at 40-50m. What else do you need? :lol:

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Isak is basically Zlatan with 15kg less muscle. 

30 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Speaking to GMS, Dean Jones said: “It sounds like a lot of work is going on at Newcastle this week. We know about the Diaby and [Dominic] Calvert-Lewin links, but I think they are talking to agents about someone else significant right now.

“It’s a mystery who it is. I’m trying to work it out, but from talking to a few people, it feels like something is going on.”

Isak he is talking about?

Sounds like a big one in coming 🥳