More transfer rumours

midds

48 minutes ago, Big River said:

really don't get why people are desperate for a striker. we know for a fact our first choice RW options are nowhere near good enough.

however likely it is, we don't know for a fact Wilson will get crocked. if it was a case of one or the other, I'd much rather gamble on Wilson staying fit than on Almiron or Fraser producing enough.

Gonna start communicating with my fists if you don't back the fuck off wor migz. 

Wouldn't rule out Asensio either. Enough noise from people that we have made contact with his agent to confirm he is a target, whether he us high up the list or interested, who knows. Potential for a loan to buy there I think. 

We could be thinking of him through the middle though, not just out wide. 

1 minute ago, B-more Mag said:

It's still wild to me for these scenarios to even be plausible. 

New spine of Pope, Botman, Bruno and Isak.

Last summer we didn't get Willock until 12th August + he was our only addition.

12 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yes, but he doesn’t strengthen our 1st 11 as much as a top class RW would. If we sign Isak then I’m certain that we have more money available for other players too. Worst case quality loans. If we even go for Isak that is. 

Isak is good off the ball too running the channels. I like thought of that with Bruno.

The key guy in all these different scenarios is Joelinton, due to his versatility. 

If Diaby comes in then Joe will stay through the middle. If Isak comes in he will either move out wide or will drop deeper alongside Bruno in a pairing. I think this is why we are looking at either a top wide man that gets goals or a top striker that gets goals.

Bear in mind this is what Howe said about Joelinton after his double at Norwich.

With Joelinton now having played as a central midfielder, attacking midfielder, wide forward and striker under Howe, the 44-year-old revealed he is “open-minded” to the Brazilian’s position.

“(I’m) very opened minded,” Howe said, when asked about Joelinton’s position after the Norwich win. “I think Joe can play anywhere in those front positions and obviously as an attacking midfielder as well. I’d never say that’s his position and that’s where he’s going to stay.

“Today, he showed his versatility and importance of his role in the team. “He can play as a centre-forward or a second striker. He can play wide or in an eight. It’s great to have players like that. I wish I had a few more!”

Edited by KaKa

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Joelinton shouldn’t be moved from the middle, he either plays there or not at all for us imo.

I know that's how you feel, but the manager disagrees. I'm just pointing out how this may play out due to Howe's own views on Joelinton.

From Howe's point of view, since he's come in Joelinton has performed at a high level, once he's been given clear instructions in a given role.

Re: Isak, his performances have been pretty good just doesn’t seem to get many chances; Sociedad probably play the most conservative football in La Liga and he was often left isolated. I think he’d be an outstanding signing.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I've never seen Isak play outside the Euros. Could he fit in to Howe's 4411 behind Wilson, with all the chat about him dropping back and linking up?

Yes, that is his strongest position IMO. It allows him the freedom to drop off a the main striker and get on the ball and run at defenders through the middle or when he drifts into the channels. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I know that's how you feel, but the manager disagrees. I'm just pointing out how this may play out due to Howe's own views on Joelinton.

From Howe's point of view, since he's come in Joelinton has performed at a high level, once he's been given clear instructions in a given role.

I also feel that taking him out of the centre would leave us with another massive hole in there and we already have that currently when Shelvey plays 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I also feel that taking him out of the centre would leave us with another massive hole in there and we already have that currently when Shelvey plays 

Well if we sign Isak, I don't see him coming off the bench or playing out wide.

So either Joelinton will play alongside Bruno in a central midfield pairing, or he will play out wide.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

Not sure I’d be happy with this. We need two players not just gamble on one coz he’s more expensive.

No need to worry - we're definitely only signing a young prospect to be backup to Wilson - your words. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Shelvey hopefully won't be our starter in the middle but neither him or Longstaff 'leave a massive hole' like. Both performed completely fine when needed.

Spurs away immediately springs to mind. Shelvey in particular was so far off the pace, and couldn't get anywhere near Hojbjerg or Betancur, it was upsetting.

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Shelvey hopefully won't be our starter in the middle but neither him or Longstaff 'leave a massive hole' like. Both performed completely fine when needed.

Shelvey doesn't leave massive holes because he barely moves from his 10 yd radius in front of the back 4 :lol:

18 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Would disagree, its a huge lack of quality with either of them 2

Aye but that was his role @TRon 

He broke up play surprisingly well against most sides and was very tidy in getting the ball away - I wanted him out the side early on but after watching him during our good run I thought he was completely fine. Ideally Bruno takes over his role though, or we sign a better midfielder who can spray the ball about.

re Spurs, I cannot remember individual performances from that game so I'll take your word hugz [emoji38] It might be if we're pushing up more next season that he gets exposed in more situations like.