More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You always insist on being a bit thick, don’t you? I said it’s a stereotype.

Every time on the rare occurrence you have an opinion, it’s always bollocks :lol: 

Straight in there. Triggered by any post about Ando from the internet weirdos

I guess counting that Ando got something right within 72 hours not 48 hours isn't internet weirdo behaviour 

Just now, joeyt said:

Straight in there. Triggered by any post about Ando from the internet weirdos

I guess counting that Ando got something right within 72 hours not 48 hours isn't internet weirdo behaviour 

This’ll be my last reply to you, because you’re incredibly boring.

Glad we both agree he didn’t get it right though.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Yes would like to remind everyone, the first game last season the team was blowing out their arses after 50 minutes allowing teams to steamroller us, this went on for months until Howe eventually came in and got their fitness up to scratch.

We also have a stronger squad now than we did last year, but the one that started last season should have been nowhere near the bottom of the table, not exactly top half but not bottom.. that’s how bad Steve Bruce was.

If you take results from January we are a top 8 side already and that was without Wilson for the most part.

I’m totally relaxed about who we do or don’t bring in. It’s nothing that can’t wait until January, worst case scenario.

Not wrong at all. A striker, RW and midfielder would be fantastic but in reality, a pre-season of proper coaching and a competent manager is just as much of an improvement.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This’ll be my last reply to you, because you’re incredibly boring.

Glad we both agree he didn’t get it right though.

As long as we're not working out the exact hour our only probable ITK got his information correct :thup:

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

I mean, it's only as if the transfer window has been open 37 days and there is actually still 46 days remaining of it - meaning we have longer left to make new signings than we have had to make the ones we already have made. Oh my, the panic.

did my post come across as panicking?

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I think we just need to wait and see what @Ando7 says in the coming weeks. 

He get's bits of info, however like the journalists, I just don't think he really knows what is going on, as it's all very generic and possibly a bit of guesswork by his source (especially with regards to transfers); and a few bits have been inaccurate. Would love him to prove me wrong though and actually give specific and accurate information. 

There's clearly money there to be spent, we were going to buy Ekitike for something around £30 million, and it seems clear we would have paid similar for Diaby also.

The main issue I feel is actually attracting quality players. Ekitike didn't want to come, there's every chance Botman even would have preferred Milan (not saying this as a fact before some idiot goes all mental), Eriksen wouldn't have chosen us over Man Utd, is Diaby desperate for a move here? Probably not. Even Broja may prefer West Ham over us. We just don't seem such an attractive proposition to good footballers still.

I think that's where the drop in quality/potential to the likes of Toney and Harrison is coming from, players who may be interested and invested in our project. Not fully convinced by either, I've never noticed Harrison before, and Toney seems a bit of a knobhead (the argument a few pages back when he said he plays "nowhere exciting" and to those defending him, he didn't have to tell the guy he was a footballer, but once he did, he invited the question).

The one star player who may really want to come here is Bruno's mate Paqueta. We should be going all out for players of his ability.

I understand thinking Toney may be a knob argument but the idea he is a drop in quality from Ekitike is funny. Not necessarilly wrong, Ekitike could well become a great player but he is unproven in the league and as yet undeveloped. Toney got 12 goals in 33 in premier league which is by no means terrible before you take into account that brentford were kinda garbage for a fair amount of the season. Long term Ekitike may be better bet and may have higher ceiling (and is a different type of player) but Toney would likely be more immedite in benefit. 

To go back to the Diaby obsession on social media. There is an assumption that he'd join us when he's got guaranteed Champions League football and is on the fringes of the French squad during a World Cup year. I'm not saying he'd knock us back, but I bet he'd be in no rush move.

4 minutes ago, astraguy said:

selling Federico Fernández seems a massive mistake like Lejeune

Not sure how you come to this conclusion.  He barely played under Howe and we have signed two good centre halfs since.  We also have Watts coming back off an impressive loan spell. As back up I'd rather give him a chance.

I think you'd really start to see his age this season and him just not being able to physically cope with the league.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He has barely kicked a ball for a year though 

and hopefully that changes this season,Age shouldn't be a factor over quality if we want to go far we need more back up 

Edited by astraguy

If Lascelles is the only expendable CB with value then I'd move him on tbh. Fernandez and Lascelles are of similar ability but one can be cashed in and the other can't. I'd sell Lascelles in a heartbeat and let Fernandez step up for the 9 games a season he might be needed. 

I can see that but still get the feeling lascelles is valued for his presence in dressing room almost more than on pitch, havign said that a decent offer came in for him would make sense

Edited by Tiresias

1 minute ago, midds said:

If Lascelles is the only expendable CB with value then I'd move him on tbh. Fernandez and Lascelles are of similar ability but one can be cashed in and the other can't. I'd sell Lascelles in a heartbeat and let Fernandez step up for the 9 games a season he might be needed. 

Yeah that was the one scenario where I could see Fernandez staying. As I think we'll be after a new right sided centre back next summer regardless. It's why Fede has been on the tour rather than left behind.

However I'm not sure there's been any interest in Lascelles.

43 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

did my post come across as panicking?

Not in itself, but in the wider context of "we only have three defensive signings in so far" and there being more window left open than shut. There are a lot more panic-y posts than yours, obviously mean nothing personal and no offensive intended towards you as a poster. Just wanted to express my frustration at the general complaints about our perceived inactivity this window.

Edited by Kaizero

What probably hasn't helped us all is the amount of names we're being linked with, the caliber of some of the players. Inevitably that's going to send us a bit loopy, before we could pretty much right off every link as bullshit, now we haven't got a clue.