More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Whose decided they’re most important - you or the manager?

i trust howe personally

I do too. I trust he’ll bring in exactly what the team needs by the time the transfer window slams firmly shut ??

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe himself said attacking positions are the most important for this summer windows ?

If you think we needed a keeper over attacking players then you can’t have watched us much last season 

I’m In just not going to jump on this sudden cry baby band wagon when I and a lot of others have said all along we have a budget and people are gonna react exactly like this.

Just now, Gawalls said:

I’m In just not going to jump on this sudden cry baby band wagon when I and a lot of others have said all along we have a budget and people are gonna react exactly like this.

Like what ? Literally pointing out we need more attacking quality ? Literally no one is crying just literally having a conversation 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Like what ? Literally pointing out we need more attacking quality ? Literally no one is crying just literally having a conversation 

don’t know how to add quote in quote but like that poster in previous page that said if they spend any more on another golf event before buying us a striker then they can ‘PIF’ off.

I mean Jesus Christ 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

don’t know how to add quote in quote but like that poster in previous page that said if they spend any more on another golf event before buying us a striker then they can ‘PIF’ off.

I mean Jesus Christ 

Yeah obviously that is a ridiculous statement, I assumed he was joking and if he isn’t then yeah it’s idiotic. However I think the majority of us on here are just debating what we feel are vital signings without crying or kicking off.

I think we will get a lot more goals, even with current squad, without necessarily spending loads on offensive players. 

Howe came in off a horrendous run of form, and a deperate team that had not been coached for 2 yrs plus.

He solidified a shit defence, and played a brilliant tactical game. Once safe, we saw glimpses, especially against Arsenal, of what these players can do.

An even better defense equals a much stronger platform for his approach, and our current players to be more expressive (something also managaed out of them for years). 

Pretty sure we will see a number of players blossom in our offensive positions this year by virtue of above.

Yes, it would be nice to add a bit more but we are building a much more solid platform, with a very good coach.

Time for some to chill out!!!

P.s. We will also concede less,  hopefully.

Edited by Dan Gleebals

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Pope cost 10m. We're not struggling for money because we bought Pope.

We clearly have a budget so what’s funny to suggest we should have used the extra ten on more important positions?

This is all hypothetical btw, I still do think we will bring in 2 more, I was mainly saying this in response to the Hope article.

21 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Love how some are panicking, it’s the best shape we’ve been in for years pre season.

Based on journalist's clickbait, the same journalists who didn't have a scooby on the new CEO appointment. They know fuck all about what is going on.

Edited by et tu brute

7 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: You lot. You really don’t help the internet weirdo stereotype.

Always love stuff like this from other people also on the internet

What fucks me off is the countless comments along the lines off "what's to stop us buying Diaby for £60 million? I thought we were rich?"

I don't know maybe we don't think he's worth £60 million (he isn't) or the player isn't that arsed about joining? More importantly why are you getting such lofty expectations based on a player that you've probably never seen beyond his highlight reel?

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Always love stuff like this from other people also on the internet

You always insist on being a bit thick, don’t you? I said it’s a stereotype.

Every time on the rare occurrence you have an opinion, it’s always bollocks :lol: 

1 minute ago, tomlynnherrington said:

If our back 5 keep fit all well and good.If Longstaff,Shelvey and Willock all appear regularly we’ll struggle to finish in the top 10.Two strong midfield players ( 2 x Rob Lee) are the priority for me along with a Premier League proven striker.

And create nothing on the right side with Almiron, Murphy and Fraser?

We need a right winger, a striker and a midfielder.

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

And create nothing on the right side with Almiron, Murphy and Fraser?

We need a right winger, a striker and a midfielder.

We do. We just may not get them all in this window 

Yes would like to remind everyone, the first game last season the team was blowing out their arses after 50 minutes allowing teams to steamroller us, this went on for months until Howe eventually came in and got their fitness up to scratch.

We also have a stronger squad now than we did last year, but the one that started last season should have been nowhere near the bottom of the table, not exactly top half but not bottom.. that’s how bad Steve Bruce was.

If you take results from January we are a top 8 side already and that was without Wilson for the most part.

I’m totally relaxed about who we do or don’t bring in. It’s nothing that can’t wait until January, worst case scenario.

5 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

If our back 5 keep fit all well and good.If Longstaff,Shelvey and Willock all appear regularly we’ll struggle to finish in the top 10.Two strong midfield players ( 2 x Rob Lee) are the priority for me along with a Premier League proven striker.

Two Rob Lees! :lol:

"What are you after, Eddie?"

"Just a couple of Rob Lees for me, ta."

Edited by NEEJ