More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

every single one of them would just be on a scale of meh to god no 

Let's pick five players for a position we know Newcastle are looking at; and send out another clickbait article for the mugs (not you personally) to froth over 

Edited by et tu brute

Pepe is on about £140k/week so either Arsenal are going to loan him but pay a share of the wages or he's going to have to take a pay cut to come here. Can't see either of those happening. 

Out of that whole list I'd have Sarr pretty comfortably above the others.

It comes with the territory of hanging on the every word of every good or bad rumour when you're desperately looking for a fix. Just suck it up, the endless whinging about journos is more annoying than the journos themselves.

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Let's pick five players for a position we know Newcastle are looking at; and send out another clickbait article for the mugs (not you personally) to froth over 

I’m here for your replies to links ?

While they're not glamorous, each and every one of them would improve us. Personally think Sarr would be a great signing and a bit of a no brainer for the price.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That is one terrible list of targets ? 

I mean, compared to some of the names we’ve been linked with, it is. But I think all of them bar McNeill would improve us as a team. Quite a bit better than Almiron, Fraser and Murphy, I’d say.

Of course, if it’s true we are looking at those players. It would be nice if we aimed a bit higher.  

Edited by Lush Vlad

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I mean, compared to some of the names we’ve been linked with, it is. But I think all of them bar McNeill would improve us as a team. Quite a bit better than Almiron, Fraser and Murphy, I’d say.

Of course, if it’s true we are looking at those players. It would be nice if we aimed a bit higher.  

I’d take Sarr, McNeil and Traore would be really poor signings imo

Yeah I just watched half an hour of Greame Bailey saying we are interested in everyone, which basically told me that he hasn't a clue who we are really interested in.

One thing he did say which I thought was an excellent point; there are more match days in the summer window this year, because of the world cup, allowing for more chance of players getting itchy feet when they aren't starting games etc.

It will be interesting to see if someone becomes available after the league starts.

Also he seemed adamant that DCL is our top striker target.

Edited by STM

17 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Think Sarr would be a very decent signing at a reasonable price

Guess he is one we will try to sign if we dont get other players on the list. Surprised nobody has signed him yet. Quite low fee and by the look of it easy deal to do. Same goes for Dennis. Maybe they are waiting for us or clubs in that mould to get that sort of move.