Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Heard he's turned up in the Parc des Princes car park, burning a Newcastle United flag. Unconfirmed reports that Sven Botman is with him.

Well, I heard Sven (the oddly named Dutch man…) tried to be there but couldn’t keep up. Worrying. 

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Heard he's turned up in the Parc des Princes car park, burning a Newcastle United flag. Unconfirmed reports that Sven Botman is with him.

Confirmed, Botman not in the Dutch squad tonight.

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

The boot room now quoting some French journalist who is saying even though deal is agreed between clubs - has “absolutely no interest” of coming to us.

https://tbrfootball.com/he-doesnt-want-to-go-25m-player-has-absolutely-no-interest-in-joining-newcastle-this-summer-journalist/

Aye, that's the same report from the other evening. That was before more positive talks were allegedly held.

I mean it might be true, he also might have been asked and said he had absolutely no interest in dealing with transfer while at the u21s tourney and there is the quote they now use, just don't trust anything. I remember hearing someone suggest that all transfers should be kept secret and then just before season starts the squads could be unveiled all at once. Impossible of course but would be well fun, who will be playing for us this year, then they jump out of dry ice or something all at once

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently he agreed a five year deal just to tear it up in Dan Ashworth's face.

Pissed in his jacket pocket whilst Dan the Man wasn’t looking as well.

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think it’s fair to say we would have realised by now if he had absolutely no interest in signing for us. 

Seems quite quick to establish :lol:

Aye, was going to post this. Some of the fucking nonsense being written, man.

Wonder if the plan is to play him right forward.

Maxi.....Wilson....Ekitike

Paqueta  

Bruno  Joelinton

Gonna win the league man.

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wonder if the plan is to play him right forward.

Maxi.....Wilson....Ekitike

Paqueta  

Bruno  Joelinton

Gonna win the league man.

Dunno how effective Ekitke is on wide right. Prefer a big signing of talent that's fit for it so he can more cover/rotate with ASM and Wilson.

That midfield is my dream for next season though. ?

56 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I mean it might be true, he also might have been asked and said he had absolutely no interest in dealing with transfer while at the u21s tourney and there is the quote they now use, just don't trust anything. I remember hearing someone suggest that all transfers should be kept secret and then just before season starts the squads could be unveiled all at once. Impossible of course but would be well fun, who will be playing for us this year, then they jump out of dry ice or something all at once

That would have been devastating in the past. :lol: The Olivier Bernard, Sibierski, Kuqi years. 

11 minutes ago, hakka said:

Dunno how effective Ekitke is on wide right. Prefer a big signing of talent that's fit for it so he can more cover/rotate with ASM and Wilson.

That midfield is my dream for next season though. ?

Aye I was thinking that as well, it's fun getting carried isn't it? ?

There's no rush to get this one done, especially while he's at an international tournament. I have no doubt things will heat up next week, but the silence allows reporters and ITKs to fill the void with nonsense.