Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

If a big club comes in for him, then fair play to him and his agent. If another non-big club does, presumably they're going to get the same runaround we got, and its unlikely he'll sign. It sounds like Reims want to cash in, so presumably he's got to go somewhere.

Ashworth has arrived with so much credit in the bank that I'll assume we're playing this one correctly and are right to walk away.

20 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

anyone else getting Anelka vibes from this kid?

seems like he is talented but has a wanker for an agent and will be doing the rounds of clubs just like nicolas did for his whole career

Yes! I’ve been saying this for weeks!

I don’t think he cares too much, it’s a piss take of an industry.. as Steve Bruce figured out, no matter what he does, there’ll always be some other fool willing to give him his next severance pay out.

This kid doesn’t care because he’s got plenty of options but that just goes to show he doesn’t want to be here, or at least couldn’t be bothered either way. So, no thanks.

But the club still seem to be interested, despite the current noises “all but dead..”, which I find more interesting.

Not convinced we are done with him. Seems like more posturing and our transfer team set out the stall that they aren't putting up with any shit. I am sure we are moving on to other priorities but I expect we will revisit if it is finally a goer later in the window. 

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

No idea but I assume any fee looks good for FFP. Dummett & Longstaff could fetch 5-10m total. I suspect their wages are fairly low too.

Aye. But the majority of that will come from longstaff. Can't see us getting more than £2m for Dummett.

21 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Yes! I’ve been saying this for weeks!

I don’t think he cares too much, it’s a piss take of an industry.. as Steve Bruce figured out, no matter what he does, there’ll always be some other fool willing to give him his next severance pay out.

This kid doesn’t care because he’s got plenty of options but that just goes to show he doesn’t want to be here, or at least couldn’t be bothered either way. So, no thanks.

But the club still seem to be interested, despite the current noises “all but dead..”, which I find more interesting.

The club are 100% correct to still be interested in their number one target as long as he has’t gone elsewhere. All this overreaction about him not wanting to be here is bollocks. The kid and his agent have time on their side, so why would they not wait and see what the rest of the transfer window brings? As Newcastle fans we obviously have an affection for NUFC, but objectively we don’t have massive pull for a youngster who will see we’ve yoyo’d in recent years, haven’t been in Europe for the best part of a decade and is far too young to even know who people like Shearer, Keegan and Robson are.

What’s important is that we bring people who are good enough to move us forward over the next few years and want to be here for footballing reasons instead of because we’re the newest moneybags in town. It’s entirely possible we might just be in that position a little bit later in the window if interest from the likes of Bayern, Madrid, PSG, etc. doesn’t materialise. Similar to how Botman is here today for his medical.

In the meantime the club obviously needs to work on a plan B in case plan A doesn’t come off.

I really wanted us to sign this lad tbh.

Not based on anything I've seen of him but by the fact that if Dortmund, Bayern and PSG (read Luis Campos) are sniffing around him, then this guy is the real deal. 

Edited by Thumbheed

I feel that the way this deal has gone, esp the way the agent has conducted himself has poisoned the well. Most casual fans are basically of the attitude we should fuck him off ‘if he doesn’t want to join’. Feel people will be very quick to jump to ‘well doesn’t even want to be here’ if he has any indifferent form. 

When he turned us down in January I thought that he had his head screwed on and was being very well advised as he was 19 years old, playing well in a league he knew and we were only 3 months on from the Ashley years and who knew what could have happened. We could have done a QPR or an Everton. 

Now I look at what Howe and his team have achieved and the signings we've made as well as the other footballing decisions, which have been so un-Newcastle in the best possible way, and I think he'd be very poorly advised to not sign. We're the perfect platform for him to go to the next level footballing wise and to set himself up financially for life (if he's not a total tool with money). 

As I suspected the PSG interest has probably been overplayed by the agent once we've pulled back. This deal could still happen IMO once the agent realises that he's played his best hand.

No bid from PSG says plenty. Liking is one thing, forking out £30m plus on a teenager is another, especially as they probably couldn't play him in their first team.

Sounds like he’s going to stick around at Reims then or some other club that’s happy to shell out silly money to his agent but I can’t think of another club that would be willing to do that other than PSG

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Sounds like he’s being badly advised and used as a cash cow for his agent. He’ll learn but it might cost him long term. 

I think the agent problems is only a short/medium term issue.

He would still benefit having another season at Reims - playing regularly. Worst thing for him is moving and just sitting on the bench. This time next year he'll just have turned 21. Imagine he scores 12-15 goals next season. He could go anywhere.

Stop being so sour. It looks ugly (not you personally - just some on here)

Edited by The College Dropout

2 minutes ago, christ said:

Give it a month and he’ll be in an NUFC shirt.

Yeah I find it hard to believe that his agent won't want to cash in this summer. It could just as easily go tits up for him next season.