Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

If he wants the move now, after all the too-ing and fro-ing, I'd be inclined to tell him we won't do the deal with his agent and he'll need a new, NUFC vetted, one for the deal to continue.

Can't imagine Ashworth appreciating the current agents behaviour tbh.

Guest HTT II

Tell them to fuck off, final. I honestly now don’t want him here, we can do much better surely. Again I’d prefer Broja or even Adam Armstrong back FFS!

Just now, HTT II said:

Tell them to fuck off, final. I honestly now don’t want him here, we can do much better surely. Again I’d prefer Broja or even Adam Armstrong back FFS!

Funnily enough, saw Adam Armstrong strongly linked with a loan move to Watford yesterday.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Minhosa said:

Funnily enough, saw Adam Armstrong strongly linked with a loan move to Watford yesterday.

He’s a Championship player, he has shown he’s not quite PL quality sadly. 

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ouch! [emoji38]

Okay, now that's an interesting turn of events. Might be some life in this one yet.

Other than PSG, I really don't see any other team paying what we are willing to for him.

Just now, McCormick said:

Ditching your agent that easily once you’ve reached the big time is a massive douche move too tbf.

Unless your agent is hindering your career progession...........you know, the exact thing they're there to facilitate.

Right now, unless he gets a BIG move this summer (such as Bayern, Madrid, PSG or whomever) his agent runs the risk of killing his career before it gets out of the traps.

Say he stays at Reims, gets a bad injury early doors, struggles to regain form (not entirely unthinkable) then how much is he worth next summer?

Who's in for him? None of the above and probably, by then, nobody at our level either.

It's shit or bust this summer and, if it's not to be to us, then his agent better have a card up his sleeve otherwise he's going to look like a right incompetent cunt tbh.

Literally none of us know what's actually going on. If he signs, great, because the fact knowledgeable people have identified him suggests he will be useful. If he doesn't sign, then we will probably get someone else who is good too. It genuinely doesn't matter.

9 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

We should not entertain them if they come back. Move on to someone who actually does want to be here.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I would be fine with us just moving onto someone else, even if they come back now, only because I think he's made his life so much more difficult now if he joins us, as he will now be so much more harshly scrutinized.  Really unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ouch! [emoji38]

Okay, now that's an interesting turn of events. Might be some life in this one yet.

Other than PSG, I really don't see any other team paying what we are willing to for him.

I can. If he’s that highly thought of then 25m plus add-ons seems a good deal. Low risk of losing money and a good chance you could almost double that in 3-4 years time; depends how prohibitive his agents demands are though, I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

We should not entertain them if they come back. Move on to someone who actually does want to be here.

I have news for you: Newcastle under its current guise isn't all that for the kind of player we are targeting to help lift us to the upper echelons of the league and into Europe. Most of these players would have better option available to them, and those who "actually want to be here" over clubs already competing for titles and in the CL will mostly see us as a very big paycheck. We can't afford to be butthurt and spiteful just because this next level of player may need some convincing to join us.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I would be fine with us just moving onto someone else, even if they come back now, only because I think he's made his life so much more difficult now if he joins us, as he will now be so much more harshly scrutinized.  Really unfortunate.

He’s clearly talented, but may be a few years from being a PL level player, I’m honestly not fussed one way or the other, right now though I’d say fuck him. Surely we can do better?!

Just now, HTT II said:

He’s clearly talented, but may be a few years from being a PL level player, I’m honestly not fussed one way or the other, right now though I’d say fuck him. Surely we can do better?!

If we thought we could do better he wouldn't have been our number one target in January and again this summer, would he..?

for me, the pictures of him and his agent are like two kids who grew up, one has talent, the other is a hanger on.    Look at how all the other footballers interact with their agent, none of this shit on Instagram.    Up to Hugo like,  but just looks off, the whole setup.

Edited by Awaymag

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I have news for you: Newcastle under its current guise isn't all that for the kind of player we are targeting to help lift us to the upper echelons of the league and into Europe. Most of these players would have better option available to them, and those who "actually want to be here" over clubs already competing for titles and in the CL will mostly see us as a very big paycheck. We can't afford to be butthurt and spiteful just because this next level of player may need some convincing to join us.

This is the second time he's messed us about. You may be that desperate but I'm not. Tell him to get fucked. Don't want him here. 

6 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Unless your agent is hindering your career progession...........you know, the exact thing they're there to facilitate.

Right now, unless he gets a BIG move this summer (such as Bayern, Madrid, PSG or whomever) his agent runs the risk of killing his career before it gets out of the traps.

Say he stays at Reims, gets a bad injury early doors, struggles to regain form (not entirely unthinkable) then how much is he worth next summer?

Who's in for him? None of the above and probably, by then, nobody at our level either.

It's shit or bust this summer and, if it's not to be to us, then his agent better have a card up his sleeve otherwise he's going to look like a right incompetent cunt tbh.

Agree with the sentiment but it would just be easier to just tell your agent to relax and that you want the move. Wouldn’t imagine it would be a common occurrence for a club to demand you sack your agent in order to complete a deal?