Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Didn't look too good but hopefully we'll keep playing in a way where others are chipping in, and I'm sure he'll get himself a few and pick up some confidence. Don't think should be panicking too much, often takes a striker time to get going, it's only been three games (and we've gotten 7 points in them).

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Seen it mentioned a few times that Barnes was more of the donkey work, target man/shithouse and Wood played off the shoulder and ran channels. 

It would make sense. As for a big lump, he is awful back to goal and whilst the service into him is fairly poor and he is isolated a lot of the time. His headers never go to a black and white shirt. 

Looked a touch more threatening tonight. But still on his heels and a bit leggy a lot of the time. He is working hard and helping our defensively when ASM is having a lie down. So at least he is contributing. 

I do worry about him getting an actual goal, mind. 

He’s basically Joselu. Not Joselu the goal machine he is now but the version we had. I thought he played ok today and worked hard but he’s not much of a threat and we over paid by £10m or so. 

Hard worker and gets involved but it feels like his flick ons never seemed to go near anyone, mix that in with not looking like he can score and its just extremely underwhelming. 

Still important for us right now, even by proxy and in spite of it being a panic buy 

6 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Played 2 Won 2 

Played 3, won 2, 1 draw. 

Doing precisely what I expected of him, holding the line well but not offering much else. We don't pick up 7 points without him.