Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Guest neesy111
Just now, The Prophet said:

It seems the affected players are isolating in Dubai.

Hopefully short isolation period.

54 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Burnley played to his strengths and used him correctly. He seemed a bit of a strange fit for how we set up though, as he is a poacher that thrives on crosses, something we don't do. So he is basically stuck up on his own to win headers (but we have nobody around him to get on to the flick ons). his play is pretty limited, but we don't play to his strengths which isn't helping him. I don't think he is looking like a donkey as much as we are just not using him in the right way. If we had brought someone in with some pace who could play off him, he would probably be much more useful. Wonder if Howe will do that once Wilson is back.

In theory you would have thought that was the role of ASM and Fraser, but that's now how it's played out. ASM is more about doing his own stuff, and Fraser is usually too deep, neither am I sure he still has any pace worth talking about.

Will be interesting to see if how he works with Bruno in the side, as that should allow us to get further up the pitch which means he's not so isolated.

16 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yikes. Let’s wait and see, but Jesus, going into a very important game without our only real striker is pretty disastrous.

Which makes the decision not to sign another forward player disastrous. 

If Wood is out, we're left with Dwight Gayle who is utter shite, or if ASM goes up top, theres nobody to replace him out wide. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Which makes the decision not to sign another forward player disastrous. 

If Wood is out, we're left with Dwight Gayle who is utter shite, or if ASM goes up top, theres nobody to replace him out wide. 

Don’t think it was really a decision, they thought they had Ekitike and Lingard. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don’t think it was really a decision, they thought they had Ekitike and Lingard. 

Smells totally of the time where we were stuck with playing Lee/Gillespie upfront (Monaco 97?)

Didn't work then, and since we're not 2010 Barcelona, or 2015 City it wont work now.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Call it what you want, it was a failure. I don't think Lingard was ever going to be available and you'd think they'd have sounded out Ekitikes willingness to join us before deadline day.

The moves for them two, one of which has had half a season in Ligue 1 were moves born out of desperation. A mixture of a tough market and but mostly improper planning I think.

I certainly wouldn't be ashamed to see him on the pitch. A good pro and there's always the chance of a goal. I'd seriously consider bringing him in to protect Wood, if we manage to get into a match-winning position. With a committed opposition, Shelvey can just put his hollywood balls through for Gayle to run onto. It worked in the Championship 14 years ago.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Call it what you want, it was a failure. I don't think Lingard was ever going to be available and you'd think they'd have sounded out Ekitikes willingness to join us before deadline day.

The moves for them two, one of which has had half a season in Ligue 1 were moves born out of desperation. A mixture of a tough market and but mostly improper planning I think.

If you havent already, read the article in the Athletic today. Goes into detail about the window and the structure. 

Clearly wasnt an ideal situation for them but sounds like they worked their bollocks off to make things happen. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I know everyone assumes that goes on but 'sounding out' players (including through their agent or other players) without their club’s permission is tapping up. We couldn't do that within the rules of football.

I think we were naive in relation to Lingard though, we got played by Man U and it might cost us dearly.

Given none of the major reporters have said anything on this, especially given New Zealand have even released a statement, makes me think that Wood isn't one of the player needing to isolate. 

14 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Don't get me wrong, I think we've strengthened our backline (and the pivot) brilliantly, and for good money. But not getting another player to play across the front line was obviously a complete failure like. 

Even with Lingard and Ekitike we're still light there so there was a lot of room to bring someone in before deadline day.