Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

He'll get plenty more opportunities, especially with the likes of Bruno threading the odd through ball. Just needs the one to gee him up, then he'll be vital for our last fixtures

Don't like all the shit he's getting on here already, he's been getting pure hoofed balls at him by himself

Edited by Willow

If we hadn't been so desperate for a striker at the time I could have seen us triggering Wood's release clause much later in the window. A deadline day bid, leaving them no real time to strengthen, would have fucked them. C'est la vie :lol:

Way too early to write him off but do think he would be better if he had a partner upfront. No one is making the runs when he wins the flick ons. Hope he gets the first goal soon to instill some confidence.

Given how badly we did bringing in other attackers in the window, can't be too upset that we have him. As others have said, he's at least someone who knows how to play the position.

He does look a bit shite and we paid too much but if he stays fit and can at least provide a focal point for the rest of the year and grab two or three goals and we stay up it'll be a distant memory very soon.

I thought he was excellent tonight and often let down by those around him, especially the first half. He’s making a massive difference although maybe not leery or obvious he’s doing a proper good dirty job. Stay up and he will be well worth the risk.

A lot can be said about his abilities and potential (or lack of), but he is giant. And giant strikers automatically lock up defenders which in turn gives more space for players such as ASM.

On the TV he look a bit hapless, but for defenders playing him his physical presence makes him a true pain in the ass for 90 minutes. And on top of that they need to take care of ASM as well. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

He’s not very good and nothing he has done has changed my mind. He wins flick ons but his touch is very poor and he missed an absolute sitter. 

His flick ons are fairly pointless too because there is never anyone on the end of them. Still think we could have signed any generic big lump striker and got the same results. 

Not critical if we keep winning games and survive though, although I’d be concerned if he’s in or around the team next season.

Every observations on here are more or less spot on.  That is both for and against the footballer that is Chris Wood.  I sometimes think "well that was shite" but then I'm thinking "thank god he is there to be a nuisance".  We are all individuals, "yes we are all individuals".

My expectations were quite low, but he actually looks worse at the only things I expected it him to be somewhat decent at. 

He presses well and puts in a shift to be fair to him, but the main positives so far is he's not Gayle and it allows us to use Maxi out wide properly. 

Has to be a culture shock coming from a Dyche team to a Howe one trying to play football. Shame he was a yard offside for the disallowed goal. The sort of goal a striker lacking confidence needs. Still doing a job and I don’t think it’s coincidence having someone like him up front has seen us score 6 in 3.

Very surprised at how poor his hold up play is. Gets pushed off the ball really easily.

Despite his size he's not really a physical striker, which is likely why he was often paired with Barnes upfront, which is typically when he played his best as he looks to then get in behind.

Good news is he does get about and puts in the effort, and we've been picking points up with him in the team, and so thank God for that at least. Looks a really poor buy for £25 million, as I'm not sure he was the right fit for this 4-3-3 at all as we need someone that can hold up the ball and bring the central midfielders into the game.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

That’s been my main takeaway. I didn’t expect him to score as I don’t really rate him but he gets knocked off the ball a hell of a lot 

Yeah, paid very close attention to him today, and he is never a target man. No chance.

If you look back at his goals for Burnley he tends to be looking to get in behind with Barnes doing all the physical dirty work.

With Barnes injured for most of the season it makes sense why he was struggling to score goals at Burnley this season.

Clearly lacking confidence but on more than one occasion he sprinted out to left hand side to cover ASM after ASM had been on one of his runs.

Works tirelessly for the team, is good defensively and tactically, just needs a goal.

He's putting in a shift so he won't be getting any grief from me.