Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

For some reason I think we might put on a performance in this one. The players have been getting rinsed since Saturday, you'd think we might get a response with a few trying to prove they're not absolute shit. 

Trouble is, they are, but it's possible we could hit lucky with one or two shots going in for a change. 

I know I'm criticised for my opinion on Eddie Howe however there is zero to suggest he'll pick the correct players in the correct positions to get a needed result.

Therefore to suggest we'll be okay in this game has no substance. 

Unfortunately Eddie Howe is proving what many probably deep down thought at the time of his appointment, that is he isn't really that good & there was a reason Bournemouth were relegated after spending the money he did. 

We're getting nothing from this game i'm afraid. Watford's squad is comfortably better than ours - they have pace, movement, unpredictability and goal threat and we have none of those things. The reason we (narrowly) beat Burnley is because like us, they are one-paced and predictable but they rely on being effective in that predictable, battering-ram way. This lot are a different kettle if fish entirely. We might as well play some lads from the academy just to add something Watford might not have factored into their analysis

13 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Just noticed Dennis is highlighted yellow in FPL - carrying a knock, 75% chance of playing.

Would be unreal for us if he's missing.

He was taken off as a precaution in the last league game, as he wasn't quite 100% before playing, or something like that.  I'd imagine he'll be starting. 

2 hours ago, TRon said:

For some reason I think we might put on a performance in this one. The players have been getting rinsed since Saturday, you'd think we might get a response with a few trying to prove they're not absolute shit. 

Trouble is, they are, but it's possible we could hit lucky with one or two shots going in for a change. 

They haven't got the resilient character to do stuff like that, man.

Just now, Menace said:

Did Watford magically become world beaters overnight or am I missing something?

No, but they have the ability to score goals whereas we don't, and we can't keep them out at the other end either. 2+2=4

37 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

I know I'm criticised for my opinion on Eddie Howe however there is zero to suggest he'll pick the correct players in the correct positions to get a needed result.

Therefore to suggest we'll be okay in this game has no substance. 

Unfortunately Eddie Howe is proving what many probably deep down thought at the time of his appointment, that is he isn't really that good & there was a reason Bournemouth were relegated after spending the money he did. 

You should mention this more, perhaps in every fucking thread.