Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

29 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Think people are back to where they were last season with Fulham like with the overrating of Watford, we're awful but make no mistake Watford are shite as well, we've got every chance of beating these.

Problem is, they've got every chance of beating us as well. 

21 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

If Howe continues playing Ritchie I’m really going to start losing all faith in him. There’s literally no excuse for it whatsoever. 

Get Dummett in behind St Max, yeah he's not great either but he's easily our best defensive LB. 

12 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Watford aren't good, neither are we. But the pressure on the players will be insane for this. If I had to i would put my bet on Watford. Hope to God I'm wrong. 

I think we'll have a couple more in by then. God hoping for a striker. If we lose this we are royally fucked

New centre half and centre forward in and I reckon a comfy 2-0

1-3 loss without them.

Pressure on the recruitment team as much as the manager this week IMHO.  They had to know before 1st Jan that this game is liable to define the season.  If we go into that game with only a new RB, then they've been negligent.

I think we'll have at least one new signing this week though, so I remain reasonably optimistic.

Edited by MarkyMark

2 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

New centre half and centre forward in and I reckon a comfy 2-0

1-3 loss without them.

Pressure on the recruitment team as much as the manager this week IMHO.  They had to know before 1st Jan that this game is liable to define the season.  If we go into that game with only a new RB, then they've been negligent.

I think we'll have at least one new signing this week though, so I remain reasonably optimistic.

I don't think we will sign anyone this week mate

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

I don't think we will sign anyone this week mate

I'm not sure what you're basing that assumption on?

If the owners want us to stay up, they are going to have to make a signing pretty much every week in January now. Especially if the rumours of us making up to 6 signings are true. We've only got 1 in so far.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Trippier left-back, Krafth right-back for this one? 

Manquillo left back Trippier right back? Or is Manq suspended?

Trippier is our best player and should be played in his best position imo. 

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'm not sure what you're basing that assumption on?

If the owners want us to stay up, they are going to have to make a signing pretty much every week in January now. Especially if the rumours of us making up to 6 signings are true. We've only got 1 in so far.

Because its mid Jan almost , a nightmare period to get them in let alone a striker mate . I'm aware of all the bids etc I just can't see it happening this week. Clubs are very aware of our need and will be holding out for the extra money,  you watch .

I'd rather play Krafth than Ritchie like. He's not actually looking too bad right now. I'd even rather play Krafth on the left if Dummett isn't ready. 

This is assuming we don't have to play him centre back because Schar is our only one. 

53 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I'd rather play Krafth than Ritchie like. He's not actually looking too bad right now. I'd even rather play Krafth on the left if Dummett isn't ready. 

This is assuming we don't have to play him centre back because Schar is our only one. 

Those 2 sentences just show what a fucking shit squad we have.  We dont even have the basic cover to play people in their correct positions, never mind trying to improve on the players we have in those positions.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is Krafth the alternative to Ritchie?

Lewis injured, Manquillo suspended, Dummett just back from injury. So yeah, although I am unsure if he played LB before.