Jesse Lingard

If he replayed his West Ham form it would obviously be a terrific signing but I don't necessarily feel that there's a Lingard-shaped hole in the team atm. Bruno, Shelvey and Joe are the midfield three, with Longstaff (who has a contract to play for) and Willock (surely those green shoots of recovery at Leeds indicate all is not lost) waiting in the wings. 

Assuming all the signings work out, the only position that looks deficient - or maybe just unproductive - is RW, as Fraser is very limited, pressing capacity aside. Murphy as the backup obviously very limited/inconsistent too. Then again Howe is clearly a fan of the former so maybe he will improve. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

If he replayed his West Ham form it would obviously be a terrific signing but I don't necessarily feel that there's a Lingard-shaped hole in the team atm. Bruno, Shelvey and Joe are the midfield three, with Longstaff (who has a contract to play for) and Willock (surely those green shoots of recovery at Leeds indicate all is not lost) waiting in the wings. 

Assuming all the signings work out, the only position that looks deficient - or maybe just unproductive - is RW, as Fraser is very limited, pressing capacity aside. Murphy as the backup obviously very limited/inconsistent too. Then again Howe is clearly a fan of the former so maybe he will improve. 

Gets in at RM and RCM easily. 

I like the look of a a Bruno, Lingard, Joe midfield. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

I do still feel some pressure needs taken off of ASM on the opposite flank. Lingard fits that perfectly. 

That’s why he would be a good signing over and above what he also brings in terms of runs, scoring and ball carrying.

Not saying he couldn't but has Lingard ever played at RW? Agree entirely that ASM wants the pressure taken off him a bit, but that's why I'd prefer an out and out winger as opposed to CAM. Not that I'd be in any way disappointed if we did end up with Lingard. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Not saying he couldn't but has Lingard ever played at RW? Agree entirely that ASM wants the pressure taken off him a bit, but that's why I'd prefer an out and out winger as opposed to CAM. Not that I'd be in any way disappointed if we did end up with Lingard. 

We had 9 holes in the first team to fix (due to Wilson's injury). We were always going to be left short somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aye: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jesse-lingard/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/141660 (middle of the page on the right, there's a full breakdown of where he's started).

I guess the thing to do here is watch the Ekitite situation and if the deal can't be done in time, sign the cheque and give Man U what they want for Lingard. We need another striker for options, even if its just Lingard as false nine. That's assuming of course we can't have both.