Jesse Lingard

If he's indicated he wants to come I'm happy to take that on face value. 

I can't see him being a regular contributor for them, and he clearly wants to be in the best position possible this summer with the World Cup and his last big contract coming up. As much as Man Utd might think he's contracted to them, they get final say, they'd be wise to consider the optics of this. For a club with a strong reputation of developing academy players they haven't exactly done well by them lately. Greenwood was set for a big season only for them to sign Ronaldo. Rashford's form has dipped and hasn't had much protection, now Lingard is trying to leave and they're making it incredibly hard. 

He's been happy to be a bit part player and served them fairly well, doing everything possible to have a career there. Between that and Pogba likely leaving under a cloud, it could easily convince more of the current academy crop that it's not worth hanging about. Especially as they're stopping him joining a team that will in no way rival them.

Just now, The Prophet said:

To be fair, it sounds like Man United are being the unreasonable party in this instance.

A bit thick from them too. We don’t play them again this season but play all of their top four rivals. A stronger NUFC would actually be of benefit to them*

*this season

Ornstein: https://theathletic.com/news/jesse-lingards-proposed-move-to-newcastle-on-the-verge-of-collapse/6MKlqD5xQQzv/

Jesse Lingard’s proposed move to Newcastle United is on the verge of collapsing, The Athletic understands.

Newcastle were working on a deal to take the 29-year-old midfielder on loan until the end of the season and, despite initially planning to stay and fight for a place at United, Lingard is believed to have warmed to the idea of switching to St James’ Park.

Direct talks were held with United’s interim manager Ralf Rangnick on Tuesday, in which Lingard asked for approval to leave, and the German is believed to have given his blessing.

But the two clubs were unable to agree financial terms and the new Saudi Arabia-led ownership on Tyneside will now reluctantly switch their attention to alternative targets before the transfer window closes next Monday.

I think once they got Martial out the door, they probably thought they can afford to keep Lingard now, whether he wants to be there or not. It's not like he'll down tools in a World Cup year. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

To be fair, it sounds like Man United are being the unreasonable party in this instance.

Just like Sevilla and Lille TBF. Hence why i struggle how some are blaming NUFC this window. Clubs really aren’t wanting to sell to us this window if they can avoid it.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Just like Sevilla and Lille TBF. Hence why i struggle how some are blaming NUFC this window. Clubs really aren’t wanting to sell to us this window if they can avoid it.

“You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”