Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Guest HTT II

Lee was so underrated, Lampard before he become Lampard. He’s the benchmark for me, although Bruno is a totally different player altogether, I don’t think I’ve seen a player like him in our midfield.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Could genuinely watch him all day. They should do one of these after every match, he's absolutely outrageous. :lol:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone so calm with the ball in their own box under pressure. Didn't he do an own-box dribble on his debut (or at least one of his first sub appearances)? 

In that video, well it says everything, the weak as pish shot, at 2mins 30 just boots it out of play. Get rid while his stock is, for some reason, quite high. Hendrick is just on loan  isn't he ? Get him back ASAP 

20 hours ago, Conjo said:

That heat map is ridiculous :lol:

Joelinton lets him do that, lets not forget the freedom he's given by the greatest destroyer in the league.

But Bruno is probably our best ever central midfielder in the PL era. Now sits alongside Hamann in the middle for me in my own personal Newcastle PL XI.

What went wrong with Bruno today? Didn’t see the whole game but from what  I did see it was his worst match to date for us. Was it who he was up against? Lack of movement/options? Lack of time? Or just one of those days when everything is just a bit off? 

18 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

What went wrong with Bruno today? Didn’t see the whole game but from what  I did see it was his worst match to date for us. Was it who he was up against? Lack of movement/options? Lack of time? Or just one of those days when everything is just a bit off? 

Just one of those days but they did press him well. He’s admitted he was shite in a tweet he’s put out n all.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Just one of those days but they did press him well. He’s admitted he was shite in a tweet he’s put out n all.

Couldn't believe my eyes when Lallana robbed him in the way he did in the first half. :lol: Think it took him by surprise a bit the speed at which we got pressed. Thankfully he's got the talent to adapt. He still had one or two moments today; in the first half in particular he twizzled and burned past an opponent for what would've been a dangerous counter, only for someone to pull his shirt. Couple other moments where he won free-kicks; an underrated skill. 

By his own standard for us so far he was poor. It was still a decent PL midfield performance imo, if that makes sense. He got caught by Brightons high tempo pressing 2 or 3 times but besides that I can't remember anything he did poorly.

One of the reasons Brighton are so good at keeping the ball but score little is because they're largely a team of midfielders who pack the pitch well and hold possession.

I can't say that it looked like Bruno was too flustered bar the odd moment or two. What was weirder was that so little play ran through him when it looked like there were plenty of opportunities to get him on the ball. Seemed to spend a lot of time cycling possession rather than trying to progess like he normally does.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon