Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Somehow the music the use on these compilations is getting worse.

Unlistenable that.

I watched with no volume and beheld the grace and poise of this beautiful man. He is going to be awesome for us.  “X box triangle” you say!  The guy is on another level of link up play.
The boys from Brazil “hey Joe you break it, I’ll link it” :indi:

amazing what happens to a club when instead of trying to polish it, you hoy the turd and replace it with a rough diamond. Eddie Howe’s United. Onwards and upwards! :smitten:

Only seen that video as opposed to the game but he seems extremely composed and intelligent on the ball, which I suppose is the least you'd expect. Seemed very patient when he had time as well; always searching for the most meaningful and deliberate pass, but coupled with the instinctiveness to play it first-time and incisively when the opportunity arose. Encouraging stuff. 

Just a case of fitting him in, but it really is remarkable what Howe has done with the existing CMs; absolutely transformative. How was Joe on the right when we went to the 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Bruno and Shelvey? Extended highlights on NUFCTV suggested he was his usual combative self but simply in a different area of the pitch. Could be one answer if ASM remains out. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

How was Joe on the right when we went to the 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Bruno and Shelvey? Extended highlights on NUFCTV suggested he was his usual combative self but simply in a different area of the pitch. Could be one answer if ASM remains out. 

pretty much that; just carried out his usual centre mid like performance but on the wing. iirc, setup one attack which ended up with Almiron having a piss weak shot from 20 yards late on instead of slipping in Chris Wood.

The more I watch back his cameos the more I wonder if Eddie is slowly easing him in not so he can acclimatise to England, but so the rest of the team can acclimatise to him. :lol: You can just tell some of the balls he tries to play are a little beyond some of our current crop's comprehension.

Someone mentioned if we had Wilson up top during these cameos and I'm inclined to agree; if we had some better players ahead of him he'd possibly have two or three assists to his name already.

5 hours ago, wormy said:

The more I watch back his cameos the more I wonder if Eddie is slowly easing him in not so he can acclimatise to England, but so the rest of the team can acclimatise to him. :lol: You can just tell some of the balls he tries to play are a little beyond some of our current crop's comprehension.

Someone mentioned if we had Wilson up top during these cameos and I'm inclined to agree; if we had some better players ahead of him he'd possibly have two or three assists to his name already.

Think that's a very good point. You can see in that highlight reel, one part where he passes the ball behind Joelinton, who was making a run, and Joelinton breaks his run and turns around to collect what he assumed was a misplaced pass - no mate, someone else was coming onto it and you should've kept striding forward into threatening space.

3 hours ago, Skeletor said:

It's not unreasonable for us to expect our most expensive signing of the window (and if add-ons get paid, the most expensive transfer in our history) to be starting, regardless of our form.

See but it undermines all the work Howe has done. 

In January, he made a big point about not wanting to upset the dressing room when it came to new signings. He wanted the right characters, not any old sod that would come for a paycheck. I do believe a big reason we've seen an uptick in form is because those players are now far more together and willing to fight for each other. The team overall is far more organised tactically, but below that is a series of partnerships working together. The midfield right now has a lovely balance between Joelinton's ball-winning, Willock crashing the box, and Shelvey orchestrating things. What message does it send if you parachute Bruno in when the team is winning and all three are doing what's asked? You might as well pick the eleven most expensive players at that point. 

Howe has inspired a fair few that looked ready for the scrapheap. To ruin that dynamic now just because you think Bruno is a better player is sacrificing so much more. 

5 hours ago, Thiago said:

See but it undermines all the work Howe has done. 

In January, he made a big point about not wanting to upset the dressing room when it came to new signings. He wanted the right characters, not any old sod that would come for a paycheck. I do believe a big reason we've seen an uptick in form is because those players are now far more together and willing to fight for each other. The team overall is far more organised tactically, but below that is a series of partnerships working together. The midfield right now has a lovely balance between Joelinton's ball-winning, Willock crashing the box, and Shelvey orchestrating things. What message does it send if you parachute Bruno in when the team is winning and all three are doing what's asked? You might as well pick the eleven most expensive players at that point. 

Howe has inspired a fair few that looked ready for the scrapheap. To ruin that dynamic now just because you think Bruno is a better player is sacrificing so much more. 

Very well said. And this is probably what Howe has been thinking too.

Not an easy job to be honest, but we just have to trust our gaffer.

23 hours ago, wormy said:

How thick is Krafth?  And why the hell is he backpeddling towards the touchline instead of making a run past the defender? Bruno  then switches play.

Not sure I enjoyed him turning towards our own goal at the end there instead of lumping it clear like! Great through ball to maxi though, like to think that will happen more often with more minutes given to him 

5 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Everyone shitting themselves towards the end and just guy just casually doing what he does best, brief cameo but he did everything we needed him to do coming on.

I know it makes people nervous, but his willingness to take an extra second on the ball under pressure, and release the right pass is what will take us to the next level. He'll get better as he gets more time on the pitch from the start.

Just now, TRon said:

I know it makes people nervous, but his willingness to take an extra second on the ball under pressure, and release the right pass is what will take us to the next level. He'll get better as he gets more time on the pitch from the start.

What was the Brazilian lads quote about him “having an X box triangle on his foot” or something?  :cool:

I'm by no means a "fucking clear it maaaaan!" type, but I do think he was really lucky playing for that free kick after turning towards our goal. I wouldn't have been surprised for a ref like Atkinson to have waved play on there. The attempts at a flick and a turn, along with diving in on the byline and getting done were also lessons for him to learn as well, but I'm sure he knows that.

Made up for a lot of that by being calm and playing an out ball a couple of other times where he was less risky with it and a lovely through ball to ASM.