Dan Burn

Rich

Seems perfectly content putting in the work and if he's not picked, he'll be ready to step into the side if need-be. He seems just genuinely chuffed to be playing for his boyhood club and will step in and do the job as needed. Can see him taking Botman under his wing too a bit to settle in. 

42 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Seems perfectly content putting in the work and if he's not picked, he'll be ready to step into the side if need-be. He seems just genuinely chuffed to be playing for his boyhood club and will step in and do the job as needed. Can see him taking Botman under his wing too a bit to settle in. 

Even if Botman and Schar is the preferred back two he will play a massive part next season I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Surprised this thread hasn't been bumped, this fella was immense today. Just so cool in the tight spots, he had a couple tricky 1v1 situations and both times he calmly dispossessed the attacker and recycled the ball, like "what were you worried about?"

Really backed up Eddie's decision to start him in my opinion, was very good throughout.

Just now, HTT II said:

Eh he had hardly fuck all to do man [emoji38]

There were definitely a few occasions where he got left 1 on 1 and handled it brilliantly, the fact he didn't seem to do much showed how comfortable he was with and without the ball.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That was my only gripe. We aim for him, there were 3-4 good opportunities and his headers were weak as piss.

his headers are comically soft off corners 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

That bit where he compensated for his pace with awesome positioning to win the ball back was fantastic.

Aye, I was convinced he was done for there like. Definitely appreciated it as a 6"3 CB myself. 

Mad how much of this guys career was in lower leagues. Really weird how that happened you would think he would stick out like a sore thumb for more than his ridiculous height. I guess most scouts saw he was really tall and thought there's classic lower league clogger defender

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye I know when you mean, I was convinced Brennan Johnson (I think it was) had him done but he made it look easy.

It was a very similar moment to when he got rinsed in the pre season friendly but he dealt with it this time.

He was great yesterday as he was for most of the games he played for us last season. His knowledge of our next opponents might see him start again, it just depends on what Eddie Howe wants.

Botman hasn’t come to play second fiddle to anyone though, be interesting to see when Eddie Howe begins to phase him in. I can honestly see us going 3 at the back at some stage, we were so comfortable yesterday, Burn can do the Targett job.

That also might be how you add someone like Maddison to the team without sacrificing an existing midfield dynamic.